My "kitchen" is the longest it's ever been!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

My \"kitchen\" is the longest it\'s ever been!!!!

My nape area has grown to almost a full 2 inches. Paying special care to it, moisturizes my edges everyday has certainly helped. I am just surprised since this area seems to be a problem area for a lot of people.

Re: My \"kitchen\" is the longest it\'s ever been!!!!

Congrats Caramela! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I should try that with my bangs. What products did you use?

I'm using ORS olive oil, it's like a hair cream. It says it's "extra rich for dry thirsty hair". I like using it on wet hair and I also use it on my ends and around my edges everday.

you grow Caramela.

i was just looking at your pictures and your hair is so beautiful!!

Thanks, Madison! That's so sweet! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Caramela,

How long did it take for you to grow out your hair to it's current length? I had the Halle Berry cut, and I'm growing it out. My hairdresser shaved the last three inches of my hair off, so now my hair in that area is 3-4 inches while the rest of my hair is 5-9 inches. My hair in the back is a pain! While my hair on the top is growing, it's still not touching my neck, and it makes my three inches look like a shag when I try to brush that area down flat. Can you perhaps send me a pm to tell me your growing stages?

By the way, congratulations on your growth spurt.

Congrats Caramela

My kitchen area is coming in quite well also. I think it's growing quicker than the rest of my hair. I can comfortably twist it now.

Most of my kitchen is top of the bra strap now, and I have new growth coming in as well. Remember when we were culturized to think that it was normal for AA women to have short, breaking, raggedy kitchens. But we are living proof that it does not have to be that way. Mine is very silky and healthy and you will probably notice that starting to happen with yours. Keep it well moisturized and oil those kitchen ends every day. Bonjour.

WOW a bra strap kitchen.

Does anyone know why that area is called the kitchen?

That's wonderful Caramela!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The kitchen and hairline always seem to be the problem areas for everyone. It's good that you found what works.

Londondiva,
On that documentary of hair that they had on A&E, they said that if you think of the kitchen, it's the hottest area of the house, and that the nape area of your head is the hottest area of the head, the place that gets the sweatiest and therefore leave your hair nappy back there. Or something like that, it made sense when they said it. It sounds crazy when I try to write it /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Re: My "kitchen" is the longest it's ever been!!!!

bumping this thread... anyone have any "kitchen" advice because that area of my hair is so short...

bumping this thread... anyone have any "kitchen" advice because that area of my hair is so short...

NO brushing, alot of moisturizing, and at night protecting with a slik scarf, and in the day protecting it with a soft hair band!

OT: :needpics:

There was also a woman on here with a way for keeping it covered. I think she would cornrow across the nape and keep it up with a bobby pin. I think she expeirence pretty good support.

Back