My Kinky-Curly Experience-Pics Included!!

2sweetnsugarland

Just wanted to post an update on my progress with Kinky-Curly. I tried it for the first time this Thanksgiving and fell madly in love!!! :yep: I started growing my hair out about 2 years ago and I started with a TWA [as you can see by the last pic]. The attached pics are from this morning.
This is 6 day old hair – yep you read it right 6 DAY OLD HAIR!!! :yep::grin: I have never been able to go this long without either condition washing or completely re-washing my hair. I have not washed my hair since Thanksgiving and have not totally re-wet it!! This is what I did: I washed using the Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo, then used Kinky Curly Knot Today detangling conditioner, rinsing some of the conditioner out of my hair, then used Kinky Curly Curling Custard on my hair while it was sopping wet. [A little goes a long way so be stingy when using it] I sleep in a satin cap like all of you do then in the morning I use a spray bottle with water and about a tablespoon of Kinky Curly Styling Spritz mixed together and put that all over my head. I spritz my hair looking in the mirror and then turn my big head upside down and spray some like that. My hair is never sopping wet just a little damp. I run my hands all over my head [yes like I’m crazy and have bugs in my hair that I’m trying to get out!! J] then I let my hair air dry . . . and this is the results. I’m just too tickled!!! J After all these years I finally found a regimen that works with my biblical hair [hair like lambs wool J]. I hope this has been helpful. It took me a while to grow my hair out so I’m trying to keep it as healthy as possible.

Attachments

• another back of head.jpg
    another back of head.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 273
  • back of head.jpg
    back of head.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 232
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 224
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 205
  • This one (4).jpg
    This one (4).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 174
Thanks for sharing! You and your hair are beautiful. I really like the Knot Today...now you have me thinking about prying my wallet open to try some of that Curling Custard...hmmm...maybe after the recession ends...:look:

It looks great! I've been curious on how it looks on longer hair. I use it on my twa right now. You make me want to try some of their other products.

I'm mad because they don't sell them at the whole food store in san diego (the guy said something about it being regional). so, when i get a chance, i may pick this up from online. thanks for the review!!! very visual.

Thats looks great. I'm new to this though. is kinky-curly supposed to help define your curls? And where did you get it from? How much does it cost?

Thanks for sharing! You and your hair are beautiful. I really like the Knot Today...now you have me thinking about prying my wallet open to try some of that Curling Custard...hmmm...maybe after the recession ends...:look:

Thanks a bunch!! :grin: I'm telling you I cried just a little at the checkout stand in Whole Foods as I paid a little over $73.00 for everything in their product line but girl it is soooooo worth it!!! I have to keep reminding myself NOT to run my hands thru my hair [which is a new experience for me]. Remember the curling custard goes a looooooooong way so I think it's well worth the $30.

I'm mad because they don't sell them at the whole food store in san diego (the guy said something about it being regional). so, when i get a chance, i may pick this up from online. thanks for the review!!! very visual.

Thanks!!! That's crazy that they don't sell it in San Diego when it is manufactured in Los Angeles??!!! I didn't care where it was being sold I had been researching and hearing about these products for almost a year and I decided this Thanksgiving I would give them a try. I have not been disappointed and it was well worh the ~$73 that I spent on the whole product line.

Thats looks great. I'm new to this though. is kinky-curly supposed to help define your curls? And where did you get it from? How much does it cost?

Thank you so much!!! Yes Kinky-Curling Curling Custard and the Styling Spritz helps to define your natural curls. It even works on texturized hair but it does not work on permed/straight hair. It does nothing for it. I would go to their website and look under remarks and/or tips. The owner has an excellent video on how to apply her products and other people who also use the products have posted their videos as well. Here is the website: www.kinky-curly.com. What I like about her products is that you do not have alot of shrinkage. You know how your hair is when it's sopping wet from the shower . . . all nice and long and oingy boingy curly!!! Well the KCCC keeps it like that!! I spent ~$73 for the entire product line: KCCC, Spritz, Come Clean Shampoo and Pommade. The shampoo is excellent!!! With all her products a little goes a looooooooong way!!! Good luck and make sure to post pics after you use it.

First I will say you and your hair look so gorgeous! I want some KCCC so bad but it seems to be that I will need to shell out at least $70 just to enjoy full benefits. The sad thing is there is only one place in the state of Alaska that sells it and well the place, it's alright but you know how that can go...anyways I just think homegirl needs to make a sample set or something considering it cost so much. I mean even if it's just enough for one application. I think we ought to see if they can do it if they have enough folks to try and convince them. I just know that it is tough to pay for expensive shipping for anything (ours is crazy up here) not like it but not have the means to send it back. :(

The hair looks good!
Oh, and the lipstick in the last picture me likey A LOT!
Where did you get this, brand, color etc? :D

The hair looks good!
Oh, and the lipstick in the last picture me likey A LOT!
Where did you get this, brand, color etc? :D

Why thank you Maam!!! The color is Savory by Mac [sorry they don't make it any more so I had to buy mine on ebay] and the lip pencil is eggplant that I get from the $$$ store!! Enjoy!!

Back