My hair update:7/20/2007

FAMUDva

Hey Ladies,
I haven't updated in a while. Just received a fresh texlax today and a small trim (needed but not by choice). At first I was about to be salty because I just knew she was going to take away all of the progress from the last 10 weeks. Well, I'm still "just" APL, but I'm SOOO HAPPY that my thickness is returning! YAY ME! :yay:

Long story short, my hair had always been thick then I met LHCF and tried doing too much and my hair started thinning during my "transition". I stopped transitioning last May and went back to what I knew but kept products that I found on LHCF. The results is that my hair hasn't grown leaps and bounds, but I certainly have my thickness returning. :D

7/20/2007 (Just past line #6 and 1/2 way to #7)~Beveled
hairjuly2007002gw4.jpg
hairjuly2007001zy4.jpg

4/21/2007 (at line #5 with NO bevel)
picture006ya2.jpg

2/23/2007 (yeah, it was longer, but thinner and uneven)
relaxer22307002tu8.jpg

Blast from the past....
mayseptcompareqv6.jpg

Last edited:
You see it was longer in Feb, BUT look at how thin it was and uneven throughout... I really prefer neat thick ends more than just longer hanging hair :)

BTW, Only 3.5 lines until I cover the back of the SHIRT! I'm gonna PARTY WHEN I REACH IT! That would be just below BSL and near MBL for me. :D
:dance7:

Patience and persistance :)

Last edited:
Beautiful!! And so thick. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll cover that shirt in no time.

Your hair is lookin good FAMU. Whatever you're doing is working so keep at it and you'll reach your goal in no time.

locabouthair said:
what's your regimen by the way?

Girl, simple simple simple.... Found out that's what works for me.

Basically it is as follows:

Shampoo about once a week
- First lather with Sauve clarifying shampoo
- Followed by NTG Moisterizing Shampoo

Deep condition about once a week
- NTG Hair mask, sometimes with heat for 15 mins, sometimes just walking around the house for God knows how long with a plastic cap on.

Leave in conditioner after above
- Mostly use NTG Silk touch leave in
- Recently started using Fermadyl, again suggestion of stylist

About every 2-3 weeks
-Condition with Nexxus Keriphix (as directed)
- this was because I was seeing more shedding like when I first joined LHCF and my stylist suggested it.

1. I do my hair as I wish, so if it's a pony, a bun, down, curly, whatever... I used to slave to only bunning, but since I quit I started seeing my ends do better.
  2. I DO NOT use direct heat at home unless I'm in a dire situation and must blow and flat iron my hair because I can't make a hair appointment. Even when I shampoo at home I allow it to airdry in a bun or roller set (Thanks Macherieamor!)
  3. I ONLY use direct heat once or twice a month, and that's when I go to the salon (see above for exception ;))
  4. I stopped paying so much attention to my hair.
  5. I don't excessively comb or brush my hair. When I wear it down it's usually in a wrap style or roller set that I pin curl.
That's it... What changed for me is that I stopped being obsessive with my hair. The May 06 pics are MONTHS after I joined LHCF and that was the worse my hair has looked in my life; I was attempting a transition... and a was not so hot at it.

I'm not saying what worked for me would work for anyone else, but I believe for me, less is more :)

Oh yeah, in the winter time I use M-T-G about once a week on my scalp and I take 3-5mg biotin and mutlivitamin daily (when I remember :cool:).

I TRY to eat right and I drink a fair amount of H2O as well as exercise.

Thank you ladies for all the compliments. :D Patience is truly paying off! Now I'm sure the length will creep along!

Great progress, Soror!

There is a huge difference in the July '06 and July '07 pic. :eek:

What are you doing to thicken your ends?

Last edited:
delta_gyrl said:
Great progress, Soror!

There is a huge difference in the July '06 and July '07 pic. :eek:

What are you doing to thicken your ends?

Thanks Soror!

Girl, really the only thing I did differently was I stopped bunning religiously... other than that I do everything I was doing. I have been letting her trim every 6 months or so. I ran out of jojoba oil, so I've been lazy about getting more and sealing my ends although I do moisterize with NTM Silk touch when doing a pony.

Great progress !!! ur hair looks good and thick ..i def see length too ...and i agree I prefer Even neat ends to... keep up the good work

Last edited:
Back