My hair is beginning to thin out a bit on the "sides," any tips?

tjsant

I know this may not apply to everyone, but since I turned 50 I noticed a small amount of thinning on the sides of my hair. Although it's not too serious yet, I am a little concerned and want to stop it before it gets really bad. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks and God bless.

Hello TJSant...how are you styling your hair?
I often wrapped it at night and let it down in the morning, lately, I held it together in a loose pony tail then let it down. I have a relaxer and only use heat on it once a week with a flat iron.

A lot of ladies reported good results from garlic conditioners and oil blends + massage in thinning areas. I think if you search for thinning hair or something similar you will find some of those threads. Also consider dietary effects on your hair as well. You might want to modify/ add herbal supplements and or vitamins to your diet too. Hopefully others will post some good tips for you.
HTH

A lot of ladies reported good results from garlic conditioners and oil blends + massage in thinning areas. I think if you search for thinning hair or something similar you will find some of those threads. Also consider dietary effects on your hair as well. You might want to modify/ add herbal supplements and or vitamins to your diet too. Hopefully others will post some good tips for you.
HTH

Thank you.

Are you wearing tight ponytails, buns, braids or weaves? Is there anything that could be putting tension on your sides? If so wear looser hairstyles and massage the sides.

Are you wearing tight ponytails, buns, braids or weaves? Is there anything that could be putting tension on your sides? If so wear looser hairstyles and massage the sides.

I don't wear weaves, braids or buns, but I do wear ponytails, I'll start checking on the tightness. I will also start massaging the sides. Thank you so much and God bless.

Back