My Hair Grew It's Fastest When...

lilamae

I was in college ( the real HU). I wore wet (air dryed) ponytails everyday. Cowashed often with Pantene. Relaxed every 8 to 10 weeks and had no direct heat in between. I was growing at a rate of 1 inch or slightly more per month.I always massaged my scalp becuz i always had a lot of new growth.

I was also using this stuff called Hair Food by Joyce Williams that my stylist at the time reccomended. You spray it on your scalp and it was nice and tingly. I think I am about to order some more and see if if had anything to with my increased hair growth. My hair hasn't grown at the same rate since I stopped using it. So we'll see.

What about y'all. When has your hair grown it's fastest?

I would say my hair grew the fastest since I started going to the dominican salons for weekly wash and sets and deep conditions with alter ego. I now take much better care of my hair and am seeing the results as opposed to before when I could care less and kept getting relaxers every 6 weeks and only washing when i felt like it.

I was in college ( the real HU). I wore wet (air dryed) ponytails everyday. Cowashed often with Pantene. Relaxed every 8 to 10 weeks and had no direct heat in between. I was growing at a rate of 1 inch or slightly more per month.I always massaged my scalp becuz i always had a lot of new growth.

I was also using this stuff called Hair Food by Joyce Williams that my stylist at the time reccomended. You spray it on your scalp and it was nice and tingly. I think I am about to order some more and see if if had anything to with my increased hair growth. My hair hasn't grown at the same rate since I stopped using it. So we'll see.

What about y'all. When has your hair grown it's fastest?

Hmm I need to try some of that stuff you're talking about.

I had bsl hair when I did this every single day...Back then, I would wet the hair (no cowash) and hold it all down with gel. Rinse and repony again in the morning. Once I started flat ironing is when all the trouble started :ohwell:

I had bsl hair when I did this every single day...Back then, I would wet the hair (no cowash) and hold it all down with gel. Rinse and repony again in the morning. Once I started flat ironing is when all the trouble started :ohwell:

makes sense....my hair grew REALLY fast, like double as fast as it normally does, meaning Ive gotten a year of progress in 6 months when I was cowashing all lspring/summer and basically wearing a wash in go back in a headband or a ponytail/puff 95% of the time. My hair was damp/wet half the time. Its starting to cool off a little, even here in FL so I dont know if I want to walk around with wet head all the time, plus I was kinda worried about split ends...

Im kind of at a crossroads now with my regimen...cant decide if I want to keep doing what Ive been doing bc it works or try something new. Right now Im trying something new and doing protective styles (mainly buns/french twists)...Ill see how long I can stick with it and compare my results.

makes sense....my hair grew REALLY fast, like double as fast as it normally does, meaning Ive gotten a year of progress in 6 months when I was cowashing all lspring/summer and basically wearing a wash in go back in a headband or a ponytail/puff 95% of the time. My hair was damp/wet half the time. Its starting to cool off a little, even here in FL so I dont know if I want to walk around with wet head all the time, plus I was kinda worried about split ends...

Im kind of at a crossroads now with my regimen...cant decide if I want to keep doing what Ive been doing bc it works or try something new. Right now Im trying something new and doing protective styles (mainly buns/french twists)...Ill see how long I can stick with it and compare my results.
Yes! there is something about the wash and go. Clean health scalp, great mouisture and low manipulation i guess.

I noticed the fastest growth when I stopped brushing my hair, stopped shampooing my hair, and started keeping my hair moisturized. All throughout my teenage years I've maintained a length of about 1 or 2 inches below shoulder length. Now I'm an inch from APL :yay:!

Yes! there is something about the wash and go. Clean health scalp, great mouisture and low manipulation i guess.

I'm so backwards...all spring/summer I fought with the hot hooded dryer to rollerset. Now that its getting cold I'm loving my WnG.

Healthiest state: When I was in high school and had relaxed hair. I was very consistent with my regimen, washed and dc every week with a concoction of olive oil, milk and eggs under a shower cap. I did two buns in my hair that made me look like Minnie Mouse, I now realise that was protective styling. Fastest growth: low manipulation

Last edited:
I started washing it twice a week and DCing often. Never did any of that before I started really taking care of my hair about 14 months ago.

1. I started washing and conditioning my hair about 2 times a week when not in braids.

2. When I deep conditioned, and moisturized more often, and stopped using heat.

3. I have maintained tremendous growth since I've found an excellent braider who doesn't braid too tight and have kept my braids sprayed down with braid spray mixed with oils, conditioners, and moisturizer on a consistence basis.

:band2:

My hair grew fastest:
  • When I had a weave
  • When I co-wash everyday (alternate between strengthening and mositurizing conditioners) and wear my hair in a bun.

I was living in ATL and the humidity provided my hair w/natural moisture, I was getting relaxers every 7 to 8 weeks w/PCJ relaxer (my hair loved PCJ), and I was using New Era Reconstructor at every wash.

ATL is full of women w/great hair, but I constantly had people coming up to me and asking me what I did and what products I used and.... if I had "Indian in my family":lachen: (People really did ask me that or they would ask if I was biracial- like they just couldn't believe a black woman could have silky hair with a lot of "ack right" :lachen:)

I had the most growth when I conditioner washed every other day with Pantene and wore buns.
I also retain the most growth when I wear braids.

I would say my hair grew the fastest since I started going to the dominican salons for weekly wash and sets and deep conditions with alter ego. I now take much better care of my hair and am seeing the results as opposed to before when I could care less and kept getting relaxers every 6 weeks and only washing when i felt like it.

ITA with the bolded. My hair grew like a weed when I was getting the roller sets and there was no breakage or shedding. I think i'll have to revisit this or learn on my own.

yes i hear preganancy can do this. Also, I am getting pretty good growth no taking hf37 vitamins. And my nails are off the hook.

Back