My First Wash N Go! *PICS*

Your Cheeziness

I've got to say that this has been a goal of mine, but it's been the style I've been most hesistant about.

A wash n' go shows your shrinkage in its full glory. You really have to be comfortable with your shrinkage to accept the results of this style. I'm happy to say that I am 100% there.

Trust and believe me. Your mental transition isn't complete when you cut your relaxer off. The journey still continues.

Regimen:
I took my kinky twists down and was met with a lion's mane of dryness.
Prepoo - Chicoro's mix (aloe vera juice, olive oil, coconut oil)
Cowash - Tressemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
Leave in - Giovanni Direct
Oil - Castor/jojoba oil
Gel - Olive Oile Eco Styler
Shake, shake, shake...Done.

Results:
I did a YT video that will be posted this evening, but here are the pics!!!

**** pics deleted ****

I fell in love with my hair all over again. It just takes time, research, and commitment to get it right. Practice makes perfect!

Last edited:
Your wash and go is cute. I luv the thickness of your hair!

And you are right- the mental transition continues after the relaxed ends are gone.

Looks so great on you. Do you henna? Your hair color in the sunlight looks pretty. Each time I wash and go I can never go longer than a day because I wake up and become insanely worried about the detangling and knots that it will cause me.

Your wash 'n go is beautiful.

I can never do this with my 4Z hair....It would be tangle and mat city....But I applaud you heads that can do this and come out with such a beautiful style!

I love how thick your hair is, you are going to have an envious puff when your hair gets longer.

Thank you! I can't wait!!

Your hair is so thick! Makes me want to just chop my hair!

Snip, snip! :spinning:

Looks so great on you. Do you henna? Your hair color in the sunlight looks pretty. Each time I wash and go I can never go longer than a day because I wake up and become insanely worried about the detangling and knots that it will cause me.

Thanks! I haven't done a henna treatment on my natural hair. It's my natural color, which is alot darker than I thought it was since I stopped relaxing. I may try it in the future.

Your wash 'n go is beautiful.

I can never do this with my 4Z hair....It would be tangle and mat city....But I applaud you heads that can do this and come out with such a beautiful style!

Thank you! Your hair has its own style that you can bring out. I made the most mental progress when I stopped wishing my hair would look like "hers" and just let it do what it do! :yep:

Very nice!! I tried a wash n go with Olive Oil Eco Styler this past weekend. Total fail. My hair was extremely crunchy and I used castor oil under it. Can't wait for your youtube video.

puuuurrty!!!
and i agree,back when i was natural i had a really hard time accepting my shrinkage.it sucks being past BSL when straightened but barely grazing SL when your hair's wet.i dont think i was ever truly "comfortable" with my hair so i kept it straight 80% of the time.but im glad you love your hair though,it looks really nice!

Back