My First Rollerset! Natural 4a/b! PIC HEAVY WITH BIG PHOTOS...

Charieamor

HIIIIII ladies :grin:

So two days ago I did my first straight rollerset and I'm soo proud of myself, I will be rollersetting all summer, no direct heat! I learned how to do it and the proper tools from this website

http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/roller-set-natural-hair.html

My process? I first co washed my hair then I proceeded to rollerset. I sectioned off my hair, put my IC heat protectant all over and on the sections I applied a dab to the ends, then I sprayed my hair with my mix of Lotta Botta / Water/ and Infusium 23 Leave in.

Well... here are some pics. Sorry they are so huge I'm being too lazy to shrink them lol. Anyway my hair feels soft, moisturized and it's smooth! I have shrinkage but it's cute because I have a short summer style lol And the craziest thing is I'm a 4a/4b... so it is possible! :yay::woot:
P.S After all these months I'm finally getting the swing of this healthy hair journey...and documenting it too! Love you ladies!

PIC-0301.jpg

PIC-0300.jpg

PIC-0306.jpg

PIC-0299.jpg

PIC-0298.jpg

Beautiful hair, and you're so pretty! And this was your first roller set? You already seem like a pro to me :)

Thank you! :grin:
Honestly I have tried rollersetting a couple times but all I got was big fro. lol So I consider this my first time because it's my first successful rollerset

No way, a 4 a/b natural with a roller set like that? Either you got a perm or you are a 3a!! :lol:

That's beautiful !! What a great job! It really looks like you have a relaxer or a BKT or something!! Amazing!

ETA: You are giving me ideas, I have that IC .... I'm going to give that a try .... after my BKT, because I know my hair would not come out that good without some help :lol:

Last edited:
No way, a 4 a/b natural with a roller set like that? Either you got a perm or you are a 3a!! :lol:

That's beautiful !! What a great job! It really looks like you have a relaxer or a BKT or something!! Amazing!

ETA: You are giving me ideas, I have that IC .... I'm going to give that a try .... after my BKT, because I know my hair would not come out that good without some help :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! Your hair look amazing OP

I can't see the pics, maybe cuz I'm at work:look:. But I LOVE that article you posted OP it was GRRRREAT! I'm gonna go home and set my hair! I only have magnetic rollers that I bought this weekend, so it'll be my 1st rollerset as well... You've inspired me! Can't wait to go home and actually SEE the pics!:yep:

How long did it take you to set your hair? Did you have to flatiron/blow dry your roots or did they just come out straight? It looks great!

I was thinking the same thing! Your hair look amazing OP

Me three, cause I can't see my hair coming out like that!

Of course that won't stop me from trying either!:lachen:

Back