My First (And Probably Last) Attempt At A Bantu Knot Out ... *PICS*

taz007

I have seen some beautiful bantu knot outs on YT lately so I thought that I would try one on myself.

Yes, I continue to be stylistically challenged :blush:.

I put in 10-14 bantu knots yesterday afternoon on 70% dry hair and my hair was still wet 12 hours later. So, I dried my hair under the Pibbs and it was still wet :wallbash:.

I then loosened the bantus and sat under the Pibbs for 30 more minutes and my hair finally dried.

Does anyone have any tips on what I could have done better?

Here is the evidence :blush::

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

ETA: Here is a pic of the back (a few hours later with the clip taken out) I need to find a way to get the back more defined:

Pic3.jpg

Last edited:
I actually think it came out really great. If mine had looked like that I would have done it again. I seriously have no styling skills.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about your final results?

Now thats pretty. It didnt come as to what YOU were expecting?? I've seen some retarded bantu know outs before, and yours looks really good.

I actually think it came out really great. If mine had looked like that I would have done it again. I seriously have no styling skills.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about your final results
?

I don't like how the bottom and back came out. I especially do not like how long it took to dry. :nono:

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how pretty it is. You did a great job! What do you think is wrong with it?
*looks again* It looks soft, well, defined waves/curls, perfect bangs...very very pretty!

Looks good. I had one that didn't remotely look that good but was acceptable. I saw a you tube video on a girl who braided hers first. That tip brought mine into the barely acceptable range. I am guessing you need to let yours dry more before you start them.

WT...girl that looks cute, what you stressing for? lol I can't do those at all, mine would come out in a str8 bush

I think that it turned out lovely...I would be interested to know how to cut down on the drying time, though...

What?! I would have killed for my last knot out to turn out half as good as yours! That's a very cute summer style. Good job!

i know right :rolleyes:

u kno ur hair looks good girl! and 30 mins? thats not bad at all. i think they are REALLY cute :yep:

I wish it was just 30 minutes. It was 12 hours air drying, 1 hour under the Pibbs, then 30 minutes under Pibbs with loose hair. :nono:

Back