My ends get tangled when...

ocean74

they're wet and they break when my hair is dry...Why? What can I do to stop this??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mine usually do that when I need a trim, which I get done every 12 - 16 weeks. But since you just got one last month, that doesn't seem like that would be the case. Maybe your ends need more moisture?

Bumping up the deep conditioning really helps me when my ends start to act up, I mix oil with a moisturizing conditioner and sit under the dryer, and be sure to moisturize your ends daily and be sure to seal the moisture with a bit of oil.

I like to do a egg treatment when my ends act up. I beat an egg or two depending on length, let it dry, cowash. My hair acts alot better afterwards.hth

I found that a very light coating of a light oil was the best thing I could do to detangle my damp/wet hair. Deep conditioning efficiently and keeping up with trims was helpful, but I still couldn't detangle the same with anything but the light oil. Rice bran and jojoba were two that worked nicely for me. Again, emphasis on the light coating of light oil, or the hair has the potential to be a greasy mess.

Sounds like your cuticles may be raised causing the ends to velcro together and also letting the ends dry out and break off. Have you tried any PC products?

:thought:This sounds like you need protein and maybe a porosity control treatment if you relax try the Aphogee 2 step treatment and follow up with moisturising DCs for the next 2 weeks or so and you should be fine.

I would try deep conditioning (w/ heat) with a moisturizer that has a lot of slip first. If that doesn't work, then you may want to incorporate some protein, followed up by a moisturizing treatment. Sometimes when the hair is in need of protein, it is unable to hold on to the moisture you give it.

Back