My Crochet Braids - Presto Curl (pictures)

LadyPBC

My Crochet Braids - Presto Curl (ADDED MORE PICS)

Well this is my first attempt at crochet braids. I give myself a B this time. It took forever cuz I decided to watch tv and take breaks to eat popcorn and stuff. I used Freetress Presto Curl TP4/30 about 1.5 packs. I started out splitting the strands but that got old after awhile - got tired of dealing with the tangling, shedding, frizziness and then repairing it. I liked the way it looked and felt but not all the extra effort:nono:. I had lots of good advice but most of it jsut didn't happen :ohwell: I started out braiding my cornrows too tight (oops), I lost track so I didn't use the system to balance out the number of crocheted braids, I tried to blowdry but that was a joke my hair felt like sandpaper or something:wallbash:. Entyway here are my pictures ... (more pictures - sorry they are so large - just learned how to use Photobucket and didn't feel like resizing them all :sad:)

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR2010.jpg
[/IMG]

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20108-1.jpg

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20101.jpg
[/IMG]

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20102.jpg
[/IMG]

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20105.jpg

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20106.jpg

CrochetBraids-PrestoMAR20107.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 1st Try-incog.JPG
    1st Try-incog.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I like it!!! :grin: I plan on doing some with freetress again when my bkt wears off. I wore them over the summer and retained a lot of length (then I went to a SHS...:wallbash:)

Looks great!!!
I love the hair you used very nice!!

Thanks BlkOnyx488 and thanks for your advice. I love the hair once its been separated (xcept 4 the tangling, shedding, etc.) when I left it whole it was too shiny and stiff and heavy and would not tie into a knot or at least stay in a knot.

They look nice. It's so interesting to see people doing crochet braids. My mom got crochet braids put in my head twice when I was a little girl and I absolutely hated them.

These are gorgeous....it looks like tree braids to me. Can someone tell me what's the difference between the two?

I love to pull my hair off my face though...can you see your cornrows when you do that? That's the only thing stopping me from attempting those on myself.

They look nice. It's so interesting to see people doing crochet braids. My mom got crochet braids put in my head twice when I was a little girl and I absolutely hated them.

I just heard about them this year (its only mid-March and I've been plotting for several weeks now). I saw what they once were and I would not have liked them or even made the attempt. We have more and better options now :yep:. Thanks for your reply.

It came out really well! You managed to avoid the Lion King look :lol: that many people end up with when they try this style. I think the hair looks really natural and cute.

These are gorgeous....it looks like tree braids to me. Can someone tell me what's the difference between the two?

I love to pull my hair off my face though...can you see your cornrows when you do that? That's the only thing stopping me from attempting those on myself.

Thank you so much levone. I'm not the best person to try this explanation :perplexed but here goes ... Tree braids can use single braids or cornrows as a platform. With tree braids the bulk hair is intertwined with your own hair and pulled out a little at a time (google it for a visual) as you cornrow or braid the hair. You'll notice the bulk hair coming out like tree branches down the length of the cornrow.

Crochet braids can use either platform as well however if you choose to cornrow you complete ur cornrows then go back and slide a section of bulk hair under a portion of your cornrow (by grabbing it and pulling it back thru with your crochet needle) then tie it in a knot or loop it or both.

Yes, unfortunately you will see the cornrows if you pull the hair back however you may decide to style your hair so that the cornrows are apart of the style. I'm not saavy enuf to figure that out yet. Or you may decide to install single braids around the perimeter or wear headbands. HTH :yep:

Back