My 1st rollerset...my hair was HUGE this morning -- LOL

jainygirl

My first rollerset resulted in BIG hair /images/graemlins/antlers.gif since i ended up losing my battle to "calm my hair down" before work this morning, i ended up putting it in a updo kinda twist and calling it a day. Overall i really like the experience of setting my hair. I'm no longer intimidated by it at all. I've also learned that for my hair i will experiment with using different types of oils to add to my hair while setting. I used the Elasta QP Silk to set it this first time and although the curls werent hard or anything they werent soft how i like my hair.

My scalp is SOOOOO not dry with airdrying the rollerset. I do like that my scalp is so shiny and not tight and itchy like it is after blowdrying or even using a hairdryer. Also, my newgrowth is seeking some serious attention /images/graemlins/rofl.gif. I could see the "bigness" of my coils trying to get some attention under my relaxed hair. I'm not into combing my sides down alot once i'm well into my touchup (i'm at 8 weeks right now) so you could see it all at my hairline like "hey what's up girl....why you not playing with us??" /images/graemlins/grin.gif Sooooo i came home from work and sprayed some Sta Sof Fro on my new growth to make it happy. Overall i had an excellent hair day. Thanks everyone for helping get me into rollerset land (((hugs everyone))) -- jainygirl

Jainy I'm happy to see you in a much happier mood today. Glad your rollerset came out good and this was after your first try. Imagine what it will look like after some practice and your next touchup. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

rollersetting too made my hair big until i found out i had to make sure the hair is taunt. I looked like a clown. Now i got the hang of it, its alot better.

Jainy, I think we have the same type hair, I recommend Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Anti-frizz cream on your hair while damp before you rollerset it and the NTM serum after that. /images/graemlins/up.gif

And you know we wanna see pics of your jumbo roller set hair!

Thanks for the rec Ms K /images/graemlins/smile.gif i will definitely pick that up. It sounds more along the lines of what i want. I think the cream will make the set come out softer as well. -- jainygirl

Yes /images/graemlins/grin.gif When i went in i had my hair in a twist secured with hair sticks and she (the 3rd co-worker was out) thought it was cute and a change for me. She had gone to the shop and had her hair touched up and a rollerset done. This co-worker just so happens to go to Lilly's-- one of a few Dominican salons here in Atlanta-- So of course her hair was looking really nice. She hadnt completely combed out her set; she was letting her curls drop naturally and the look was really cute on her. Overall i think it was a success and i had fun as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif -- jainygirl

Back