Mousturizing Braids....What can I use?

HotCoCoGurl130

I love scurl for my hair but I dont know if I can use it on my braids when I get them done. What moisturizer can I use to keep my hair healthy. I know I can get braid spray but isnt it just regular oils in there anyway? Wouldn't it be a waste of money?

I use "Better Braids" and I love it. There are other good ones, but some are more oily and those ones tend to cause my braids to matte at the roots.

I like Better Braids and African Pride those are the best that I have found. Like Sade7 said, most of the other ones cause matting.

Another thing that might work for you is to just use whatever cond you like. Just mix it with water and you can spray it or use a small washcloth, wring it, then squeeze down the length of the braid.

Another idea that I liked when I used braids was to use WGO (or just use the empty bottle -GREAt bottles they have!) and fill with whatever you like and you can squeeze that at the base of your braid/roots. That way none is wasted or drippy all over.

balleryna that is another good idea. i like that one b/c i will be washing my hair each week b/c its constantly itches from the msm. thank you.

I used Organic Root Stimulator Shea Butter Hair and Scalp lotion...it was good at moisturizing the braids but you have to rub it in-the smell wasn't all that so I followed up with Organic Root Stimulator Nature's Shine for a shiny finish; it contains natural oils like coconut..the smell was pretty good too.

For the most recent set of braids I had (which I kept in for 3.5 months and took out on Wednesday) I moisturized my scalp, as well as the body of the braids, every night with my homemade Rosemary Spritz (12 drops Rosemary eo, 1/2 tsp of pure Vitamin-e oil and 8 oz of distilled water), it worked great at keeping my hair soft. What I would advise you not to do is follow up your light moisturizing spray with a thick sealant - in my case it was CD's Healthy Hair Butter.

I began doing that in the last month of wearing my braids and it killed the finer sections of my hair. When I took down the braids in those particular areas I had HHB-smelling mush at the meeting points between the new growth and the old hair. Upon detangling I lost whole spirals of curls. I was very unhappy, and it didn't make it any better when I went to get my hair cornrowed on Friday (again with extensions) and the braider ripped out about two handfuls of hair - in total - as she blowdried it straight, pre-braiding
frown.gif
. Anyhow, just remember to avoid the thick sealants and you'll be fine
smile.gif
.~

couldn't we just spray oil sheen, everyday on the hair, to mosturize it, I got Olive Oil Sheen, from Organic Root Stimulator. Cause i just got my hair braided today, so you know, I gotta keep good care of it, so it can grow grow grow.

I've been using Surge, Gueye Antiseptic Braid Spray, and Gueye Fast Grow Oil and my hair and scalp has been very moisturized while in braids.

I have cornrows right now and have been using Surge mixed with olive oil on my scalp and Fantasia IC Oil Moisturizer down the length of the braids. I do this every night and then tie the hair down with a silk scarf or slip on my satin bonnet.

Luster's Curl Moisturizer, in the blue and white bottle, is great for braids. Shea Butter the bottle is also really good.

Back