Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner

daviine

I noticed that BRH and a few others love this conditioner yet I feel like it did nothing for my hiar. I was just on the Motions website and noticed that they have both a "Professional" version of thies an am "at home" version as well.

Are they both the same? I don't remember which one I bought but what kind are you guys using?

It just strikes me as odd becasue my hair likes two of the moisturizing conditioners that BRH's hair likes (LUST and Mizani Moisturefuse) but I'm wondering why my hair doesn't like the MMP.

Maybe my hair just doesn't want to copy BRH's hair completely......
grin.gif

daviine, you are not alone in your dislike for the MMP... I hated it. It felt nice and thick and good going on, then when i rinsied i felt like i put nothing on at all.

Hi Daviine!

I've never tried the professional version to the Moisture Plus so don't know how good that one is. I didn't know there was one (she says, her right eye lid twitching). I'd love to know though. The Moisture Plus is definitely my all time favourite cheap conditioner. Sometimes I mix it with Revlons Porosity Control too and the hair comes out very nice.

I've noticed that only certain products that someone else likes also agrees with me. The other things they also love just are crap for me
laugh.gif
. Strange.

Hey, at least we both love the mother of all conditioners: LUST!!!! At least as far as something that smooths and detangles and makes the hair so slippery is concerned
wink.gif

I didn't like it either Daviine. I always try to remember when trying products that not only do different products perform differently on different people's hair, but people have different expectations and meanings behind the buzz terms we use here: slip, moisturized, crispy, hard , smooth, tangled - these things all mean different things to different folks. So even if someone with hair like yours, describes the effects of a product using the words you like to hear - unless your idea of these things is EXACTLY the same, you are bound to have a few misses....even if at first you find a few hits...

MMP was horrid on my hair. The first time was fine, but then it just felt like I'd poured varnish on my hair. It had some slip to it, but not the kind *I* meant and after rinsing my hair felt coated in a bad way. I tossed it after two uses.

I LOVE it it makes my hair easier to comb out and softer after a wash....my daughter is a thick, long haired natural head and it makes combing her hair out a breeze. Wouldn't be w/out it.

Rhonda

Very good points Tracy...

I really like this conditioner...Even before I knew what to look for in a good conditioner or how it was supposed to feel in my hair.

I used to think a conditioner was good if it had good ingredients and promised to do things even if it left my hair blah..I was so naive, I actually thought it was making it stronger..That was until I got to this board and realized what I was really supposed to look for...

This conditioner always gave me all of those things even before I knew what made it good for me..

This conditioner is okay I didn't notice anything dramatic one way or the other. I ended up buying it because it is in Carolyn Gray's regiment (which to date I haven't been able to try).

I love the thickness. It makes my hair really soft & supple...with nice slip too. This is the only conditioner I've used (besides CPR) since beginning my regime. So I'm looking for another Moisturizing conditioner as an alternate...
smile.gif

I'm tempted to try it but I've only seen big $7.99 tubs of it. I'm not willing to pay that much for something that's crap you know? Is it any cheaper?

Jazzyfunknaste, they do have cheaper tubes for $3.99 or so at Sally's.

Peachtree if you're looking for a good moisturizing conditioner that's inexpensive, I'd like to recommend: ION Moisturizing Treatment Hydrating Therapy Masquue, I have found it to be very moisturizing...

[ QUOTE ]
Jazzy, it has cones. I don't know if you like them...

I'll bring you a sample the next time I see you OK..

[/ QUOTE ]

I know about the cones, tha's why I wasn't coughing up $8 for it LOL I'll take the sample though.

I love this conditioner!! I recently purchased a smaller tub of the Oil Moisturizer Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner. It's very thick and I deep conditon my hair every week with it. Love it!
lick.gif

I love the MMP. I bought the "professional" and the "at home" version and for some reason the professional one gave my hair more slip. It costs a little more than the at home version, but to me it's worth it. I saw the little cones for like $3-4 a tube. I think I paid like $12 or so for the tub.

Kreeme, where did you get the professional MMP? Does it have different packaging to distinguish it from the regular 'home' version?

I've always loved MMP and am wondering if this pro version is really a bigger difference. Thanks!
wink.gif

Back