More questions from another newbie

keedz

Hi All,
I'm a new to this site and I've been learning alot in the past week thanks to you wonderful ladies. I just had a couple of questions that I have before I have a full-on regimen.
1. What is a good moisturizing co-wash conditioner?
2. Is co-washing after every workout a 'must' for hair growth?
3. What is a good moisturizing leave-in conditioner?
4. After a poo and DC do you moisturize and seal while the hair is wet? Is that better than waiting for your hair to airdry?

Thanks in advance for answering any of my questions! I just had so many that I just thought I'd ask them all at once :D .

Hi keedz and welcome to the forum.

A lot of ladies really like some of the more cheaper conditioners like V05 or Suave for co-washing. I'm just using anything because I have so much to use up. Mostly I use Sunsilk De-Frizz or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration.

Co-washing after every work-out is not a must for hair growth. I don't know how often you shampoo or co-wash but imo while you're developing a regimen you will need to watch your hair closely to see how much manipulation it can handle during the shampoo process. I know for me I can not shampoo or co-wash to often because my hair is fine and the manipulation from shampooing breaks it. So my advice would be to keep an eye on that.

I love Elucence Moisture Balance or Giovanni Direct for leave-in.

I do moisturize and seal while the hair is wet. I don't think it's any better but it is good to do because the hair is wet and you're sealing in that moisture.

HTH :)

keedz said:
Hi All,
I'm a new to this site and I've been learning alot in the past week thanks to you wonderful ladies. I just had a couple of questions that I have before I have a full-on regimen.
1. What is a good moisturizing co-wash conditioner?
A good conditioner to co-wash w/ is any of your choice that gives u nice slip
2. Is co-washing after every workout a 'must' for hair growth?
if u sweat or u feel ur hair is dirty after ur workout: than u should
3. What is a good moisturizing leave-in conditioner?
Lacio Lacio Leave In(expensee)
Giovanni Direct Leave-in (average)
NTM Silk Leave In (cheapie)
4. After a poo and DC do you moisturize and seal while the hair is wet? Is that better than waiting for your hair to airdry?
I seal my hair w/ a moisturizer or a leave in before I rollerset: I prefer my hair to hair dry soft & somewhat straight instead of drying a little hard & fuzzy

Thanks in advance for answering any of my questions! I just had so many that I just thought I'd ask them all at once :D .

;) ~HTH~;)

Welcome to LHCF, keedz!
keedz said:
In my experience, moisturizing and sealing wet hair is more effective.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Thank you so much for your replies, they've really helped me.I"m so excited! I just lurve me some LHCF!!:grin:

Back