Moisturizing WEAVE...How?!?

AudraChanell

Hi ladies,

How are you moisturizing your weave daily or preventing it from liking dry or oily?
I dont want to use oil to weight it down so Ive been using serum.
Anything best practices?!? :perplexed

THANKS!

I don't wear weave, but my mom does and she uses glycerin based products like S-Curl and Wave Noveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion

I like Elasta QP H2 leave-in conditioner. It's a very light spray that I used on my braids, tracks and leave-out hair.

don't apply too much product all at once. use a tiny bit of spray moisturizer and concentrate on just your hair underneath

using this method, you'll have to moisturize more frequently but it will reduce the odds of having the product glide down the actual weave and making it greasy

What kind of hair is it? Curly? Straight? Does the hair feel dry?

Well given the fact that serums have cones, that may be what's making the weave dry. Cones can cause buildup and block moisture from penetrating. A weave should not have to be moisturized daily.

You should be able to wash and dc on your regular washing pattern and be fine. After you wash, use a light leave in conditioner. That should work.

On my lacefront I use a light moisturizer like oyin hair dew then follow up with silk elements heat protectant spray. Something about the heat protectant helps to lock in the moisture and add sheen. I only have to do this once per week; then maintain with a few spritzes of water throughout the rest of the week. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil works just as good as the Silk Elements, smells better too.

Back