Moisturizing Conditioner

Kamilah

G'day Ladies!

I am off to buy myself a nice moisturizing conditioner. Is Cholesterol (something like Lekairs) a moisturizer? I asked a similar question yesterday, but please bear with me. For some reason, I just don't seem to get it. But I will, I promise!

Thanks in advance!

cholesterol is a lipid (a fat) that coats the hair shaft

it is moisturizing

many people confuse it with a protein but it's not

some cholesterol conditioners contain protein and some don't you have to read the ingredients

I have many good moisturizing conditioners but I have recently fell in love with Motions Moisture Plus.

Others I like:
QP Dr 11
Silk Elements Moisturizing Cream
Paul Mitchell Supercharge (I think)
Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner
Aveda DR Conditioner
Humectress

Kamilah said:
Thanks to both of you ladies!

Letitia,

Is that Motions Moisture Plus a deep conditioner?

Yes, I picked up the 5lb bucket of it. I absolutely love it! I use it once a week now.

Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
:D

Motions Moisture Plus is great, and it's a cheap buy. I don't use it as a deep conditioner, but I use it to soften my hair after I use a protein and it has consistently worked like a charm:)

Alrighty Ladies! Thanks for all the feedback! I just got back from the BSS and I'm about to try it. I remember using this one before, and I think it was pretty good. I didn't get stellar results, but with hair as dry as mine that is very hard to come by- so the fact that this made me manageable post-wash was a big deal. Thanks so much again!

I love Elucence moisture balance conditioner, it's the only conditioner I've found so far that instantly softens my hair. I have weird hair, nothing else has worked so far :(

I will have to try that Motions. Another EXCELLENT deep conditioner is Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment. This stuff gives GREAT slip and you don't have to add anything to it. It's the best deep conditioner I have ever used. Certainly worth a try!

SleekandBouncy said:
I love Elucence moisture balance conditioner, it's the only conditioner I've found so far that instantly softens my hair. I have weird hair, nothing else has worked so far :(
You know, I really like Elucence too but it leaves me with flakes and it makes my scalp itch really bad. Is it just me?:ohwell:

My hairstylist prefers to use Motions Moisture Plus on my hair than any other conditioner, because it works very well with my hair and it makes my hair easier for him to work with. Therefore, this will be the only deep conditioner that I will replace each time I run out. The others will not be used by him again.

Also, the price is excellent. I paid $19.49 for an 80 ounce tub.

HoneyDew said:
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
Motions Moisture Plus
:D

I agree. It is one of the only products that I have repurchased since joining this board. :up:

Back