Moisturizer Suggestion for Those Wearing Wraps/Blowouts...

MizaniMami

I have been on a quest for about 6 years (lol) for a moisturizer that does not weight my hair down when I am trying to acheive 'swangin' in the wind hair'. I wanted something that moisturizes my hair but leaves me with that bounce an silkiness. Well search no more because I have found it.

So I saw this by Dove recommended from another forum. "Sheer Moisture Leave-In Replenishing Mist for Normal to Dry Hair with Slight Symptoms of Dryness"
262029.jpg
I just tried to today and I must say this works VERY well, almost too well. I use a cream one at night since they have a tendency to be heavy but today I needed a uplift and I wans't trying to get the greasies and I remembered that I had this.

I seriously suggest trying this to anyone who is wearing their hair down or in a Dom. blowout or some such. It makes my hair smell so good ( I love the way Dove products smell) and my hair is still so light and fluffy. It was like 4 bucks and some change at Wal-mart. And my hair is actually moisturized too.

Here are the ingredients: Water , Amodimethicone , Glycerin , Cetrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Polysorbate 20 , DMDM Hydantoin , Tridecth-12 , Lysine HCL , Phosphoric Acid , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Silk Amino Acids , Alanine , Glycine , Serine , Arginine , Isoleucine , Cystine , Histidine , Glutamic Acid , Simethicone , Borago Officinalis Seed Oil , Palmitic Acid , Stearic Acid , Linoleic Acid , Oleic Acid , Eicosenoic Acid , Polyquaternium-4 , Polymethyl Methacrylate , Sorbitan Stearate , Polysorbate 60

THANKS! I've been looking for something like this. How did you use it though? Was your hair wrapped and you misted some on before you unwrapped, or something else? Also, how much did you use?

redRiot said:
THANKS! I've been looking for something like this. How did you use it though? Was your hair wrapped and you misted some on before you unwrapped, or something else? Also, how much did you use?

bumping for a response.........

I've been looking for one too! Thanks for this!

redRiot said:

Hey there!

I had unwrapped my hair and then opened up sections and sprayed. I used about 5-6 sprays in all about 6 inches away from my head.

hmm, i've replaced UBH creme moisturizer with EQP recovery oil moisturizer. its much cheaper and they are pretty much the same... Can this replace the UBH dew spray moisturizer? hmmm. i hope so even though my hair dont do well with drugstore products...

Hey MMrs.

I used UBH dew and it wasn't all that. I ended up selling it on the exchange board. IMO this is much better. But I can totally understand not wanting to try drugstore things. But I think you will like it.

sassyhair said:
did it make your hair too wet? I have that problem when searching for a moisturizer.

You know what, it actually didn't! I remember reading cathy howse's book and she was talking about moisturizing and she said, if your hair becomes wet when spraying in moisturizer (she was refering to her Dew) then you used too much. But I used about 6 sprays and my hair didn't get wet/revert AT ALL.

I have this stuff! and i use it as a leave in but I wouldnt dare use it on dry hair!! does this really not wet your hair:shocked:??! im scared to attempt it,, its main ingred it water:eek::confused::cool: lol

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
I have this stuff! and i use it as a leave in but I wouldnt dare use it on dry hair!! does this really not wet your hair:shocked:??! im scared to attempt it,, its main ingred it water:eek::confused::cool: lol

Well as with majority of moisturizers water is the first ingredient. So if you get heavyhanded with it of course your hair will get too wet. I suggest only using a few sprays about 6-7 inches away from the head.

Hmm, interesting. This seems like it would be very beneficial if you were to mist your wrap at night, then tie it up with a scarf and let all of the moisture soak in through the night. Have you ever tried it that way, Mizani Mami? If it works, I'm anxious to try it. As far as a "cream" moisturizer, I use Shealoe (Shea Butter + Aloe Vera). It's very good at moisturizing. I ordered it from this site called fromnaturewithlove.com. When I'm about done with this, I really wanna try Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine. Sorry to get off topic, but it seems that the Dove Mist might be a good addition as a light misting moisturizer along with a cream one.

TSUprincess04 said:
Hmm, interesting. This seems like it would be very beneficial if you were to mist your wrap at night, then tie it up with a scarf and let all of the moisture soak in through the night. Have you ever tried it that way, Mizani Mami? If it works, I'm anxious to try it. As far as a "cream" moisturizer, I use Shealoe (Shea Butter + Aloe Vera). It's very good at moisturizing. I ordered it from this site called fromnaturewithlove.com. When I'm about done with this, I really wanna try Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine. Sorry to get off topic, but it seems that the Dove Mist might be a good addition as a light misting moisturizer along with a cream one.

Actually that's what I did this morning. I used it and I wrapped my hair back up. I took down my wrap and my hair still feels so soft and silky. I think it is a great way to add light moisture for defense again the sun and drying air and leave the bouciness. Like you, I also use a cream one, but only at night.

Thanks for this recommendation Mizani!! I was looking for a light moisturizer because the creams just seem to wear my hair down and cause it to break. The Dove mist gives me the moisture I need without weighing my hair down. Thanks alot.

gradygirl said:
Thanks for this recommendation Mizani!! I was looking for a light moisturizer because the creams just seem to wear my hair down and cause it to break. The Dove mist gives me the moisture I need without weighing my hair down. Thanks alot.

Yaaay! I'm glad you like it!!

MizaniMami said:
I have been on a quest for about 6 years (lol) for a moisturizer that does not weight my hair down when I am trying to acheive 'swangin' in the wind hair'. I wanted something that moisturizes my hair but leaves me with that bounce an silkiness. Well search no more because I have found it.

So I saw this by Dove recommended from another forum. "Sheer Moisture Leave-In Replenishing Mist for Normal to Dry Hair with Slight Symptoms of Dryness"
262029.jpg
I just tried to today and I must say this works VERY well, almost too well. I use a cream one at night since they have a tendency to be heavy but today I needed a uplift and I wans't trying to get the greasies and I remembered that I had this.

I seriously suggest trying this to anyone who is wearing their hair down or in a Dom. blowout or some such. It makes my hair smell so good ( I love the way Dove products smell) and my hair is still so light and fluffy. It was like 4 bucks and some change at Wal-mart. And my hair is actually moisturized too.

Here are the ingredients: Water , Amodimethicone , Glycerin , Cetrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Polysorbate 20 , DMDM Hydantoin , Tridecth-12 , Lysine HCL , Phosphoric Acid , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Silk Amino Acids , Alanine , Glycine , Serine , Arginine , Isoleucine , Cystine , Histidine , Glutamic Acid , Simethicone , Borago Officinalis Seed Oil , Palmitic Acid , Stearic Acid , Linoleic Acid , Oleic Acid , Eicosenoic Acid , Polyquaternium-4 , Polymethyl Methacrylate , Sorbitan Stearate , Polysorbate 60

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I found it about three weeks ago and it's just what I've been looking for. I keep a little spray bottle of it in my purse for those days when it's really hot and dry out. I spray a little on and POOF, instantly re-moisturized. It's really good stuff! It's been the only thing I've found that gets down to the core, ya' know? As a newbie to the "hair growing club" :D, they say you should give a product a good month to determine if it's really any good or not, but so far so good!

Last edited:
ladies thanks for the thread! last weekend I purchase the shea butter leave in that poohbear raved about and find it to be too sticky on my hair:( . I will purchase this tommorrow and see if it works better.

im liking the sound of it because i use ubh ($10 for 8oz.) No complaints but if dove makes ur hair smell good, feel good and it costs less, I'll try it.

I just purchased this tonight from Walmart after remembering this thread. I plan on using it for my "dry set" at night. I will just spray the ends lightly before rolling my hair up.

Back