Mohawk set

Datjerseydyme I think has pics. I think that she invented the mohawk set if you want to do a search for her.

thanks ladies!! That's why I love LHCF so much.. GREAT SERVICE!!:D

(1) Datjeres... is your hair wet and what are you doing with the sides?

(2) cincyswe.. your link doesn't work, just wanted to let you know because I'd love you to see your set

thanks for fixing the link..

ok.. i looked at both of the pics, but I don't really understand how you do it but i looks like a great idea.

Can someone give me instructions please? :ohwell:

Fotki is being very slow for me too. So all of your hair (very beautiful hair too) is in the Mohawk in the 4 rollers? I may have to review your instructions. :fan:

Here are some instructions.

I horizontally part my hair, say, from left to right. First I take the hair nearest my hairline (if you had layers, this would be maybe your first and second layer). Then I put some moisturizer on it, and roll it up. The roller ends up on the top of my head, kind of sitting on my hairline. Then I repeat this with other sections. I end up with 5 sections. I have 5 rollers going from front to back like a mohawk. It's on dry hair. I rollerset my hair a few days ago.

DatJerseyDyme said:
Here are some instructions.

I horizontally part my hair, say, from left to right. First I take the hair nearest my hairline (if you had layers, this would be maybe your first and second layer). Then I put some moisturizer on it, and roll it up. The roller ends up on the top of my head, kind of sitting on my hairline. Then I repeat this with other sections. I end up with 5 sections. I have 5 rollers going from front to back like a mohawk. It's on dry hair. I rollerset my hair a few days ago.

So you already did a regular rollerset first, and now you do the mohawk to maintain it? Or could this be done after airdrying with hair straight or in a ponytail?

I don't think it will turn out right if you do it after airdrying. It's not straightening the hair at all. I use the mohawk at night to maintain.

in reference to DJD...WHERE is the mohawk? :confused: All I see is you starting to do a regular rollerset? What do you do with the top and then the sides? Are the sides gel'ed down or something and the top is pinned? Im confused.

LOL.The mohawk is what the rollers look like. You are right, they are lined up going down the head like a regular rollerset. The hair on the top is in the rollers as is the hair on the sides. They aren't gelled or pinned, they are wrapped in the roller.

DJD you are my shero! I love, love this set. I've been doing this for almost a year. I never wrap anymore. I make 4 parts and use four grey rollers with the duckbill clips. I don't have pics of the set but I d have pics pf the end result in my fotki.

more Mohawk set questions:

1. what do you do if you have different lengthed layers/pieces and don't all go up into the roller?

2. what are the results of the mohawk? when you take it out in the morning, what does your hair look like?

3. what size rollers do you use?

Instruction questions: if i understand this right DJD & Cincy, you make horizontal parts (like drawing a rainbow with the comb.) making 5 sections starting in the front (before the ears) and the last part would be near the back. and you gather the hair, all the parted hair in the roller and roll it back. you repeat that with the sections going from hairline to nape of neck. it sounds so easy? even for the hair-styling "unfit" such as myself! :D

Last edited:
1. what do you do if you have different lengthed layers/pieces and don't all go up into the roller? I definately have those pieces! They still fit in the roller, I just have to make an effor to make sure they get rolled up.

2. what are the results of the mohawk? when you take it out in the morning, what does your hair look like? My hair looks similar to if it was wrapped. The smaller my rollers, the more curly my hair ends up. The larger, the more wrapped look I get.

3. what size rollers do you use? I use rollers that are about 1" in diameter with the snap on tops.

Thanks simply! I can't take all the credit! The girl that does my hair taught it to me! Glad to see it was so well received!

wyld..that's exactly right! You explained it better than I ever could! :D

Back