Mohawk Rollersets

Nella

Good Morning,

I was wondering if any of you ladies know how to actually do the mohawk rollersets. I know someone used to have an avatar of that style and I can't find her any more. So, if anyone is able to help please post or send me instructions.

Thanks,

Not sure if you mean the bed time set, if you do then datjerseydyme and bree both had pics, otherwise Im not sure. Your hair looks really nice...

crlsweetie912 had a pic of her curly mohawk rollerset in her avatar.

ETA: check her album.

Last edited:
My sister did one not too long ago. She did it on dry hair. She had my mom cornrow the sides of her hair upward and then secured with rubberbands. Then she rollersetted the hair in the middle (front, crown, and nape areas). HTH!

crlsweetie912 said:
Yup that was me!

It's here in my fotki!

http://public.fotki.com/crlsweetie912/

First of all I want to thank all of you ladies for helping me out and Mrs.Crlsweetie912 I don't know how I was going to find you without that picture. Smile. I want to compliment you on your hair it is beautiful.

I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on how you did your hair like this. Was your hair wet or dry when setting the rollers and how did you start the style to put it in the mohawk?

Well, if you get a moment please drop me a line as I really would like to try this style.

Blessings,

Ok, I started with wet hair, used the glaze to slick back the sides leaving the top out. Placed the banana clip

bananaclipdk8.jpg

I got 3 in a pack at the BSS for a dollar!

and secure the clip. Then I roll the hair starting at the top, securing the mesh rollers with the pins and then airdried over night. I used a mixture of lottabody, water, a little coconut oil for shine, a couple of squirts each of salerm and lacio, put in a spray bottle and shake together. VOILA!!! Let me know if you need any more help! HTH.

ETA: Thanks for the compliment! :)

crlsweetie912 said:
Ok, I started with wet hair, used the glaze to slick back the sides leaving the top out. Placed the banana clip

bananaclipdk8.jpg

I got 3 in a pack at the BSS for a dollar!

and secure the clip. Then I roll the hair starting at the top, securing the mesh rollers with the pins and then airdried over night. I used a mixture of lottabody, water, a little coconut oil for shine, a couple of squirts each of salerm and lacio, put in a spray bottle and shake together. VOILA!!! Let me know if you need any more help! HTH.

ETA: Thanks for the compliment! :)

Thank you so much. I will try this style over the weekend and post picks in my fotki.

Thank you,

Ladies,

I just wanted you all to check out my fotki and let me know what you think of my rollerset. Crlsweetie912, thanks for your directions as you have been very helpful with telling me how to style. I know one thing for sure is that this style will probably last one and half weeks because, my curls are so tight. I am very pleased with the rollerset and must say that I will definitely be using the mesh rollers alot.

Thanks again and please view my fotki.

Loving curls...

Nella, I am so excited that you liked the set! I gotta do one of these badboys again sometime soon! It was a pleasure to help you! :) The good thing about the curls being tight is that it will last! Maybe your hair is growing and you need to go up one roller size! :)

Okay I am NOT skilled at doing my own hair at all so do you have the FOR DUMMIES tutorial on this?! LOL!!!

I want to try this tonight when I get home. I want the swoop in the front like Crlsweetie912. Can you PM some directions.

And can I just wet the tips of my hair instead of airdrying over night? HELP

Back