Met With a PhytoSpecific Hair Doctor Yesterday

CreoleInDC

There is a salon in my area that does PhytoSpecific relaxers. They were having a hair doctor (school at the Phyto school in Paris) in for a promotion they were doing and I went to meet her so I could ask a few questions.

Well...her answers were all that I thought they were going to be (because I am a MAJOR fan of PhytoSpecific products) but she did say one thing to me that I'm going to incorporate into my regimen.

She said that when I'm using a plant based deep conditioner (as all their products are), instead of using a plastic bag to put over my head to sit under the dryer, use a towel run under hot water and then wrung out to wrap your hair in and sit under the dryer. She stated that plant based products need oxygen to get the optimal results and that the plastic bag was not allowing that to happen.

It was a very interesting hour that I spent picking her brain and I found that there is going to be a Phtyo school opening in New York in September.

The next time she is in town, she's going to contact me so I can tell more people where to go to talk to her. I was very impressed by her knowledge and it solidified everything I've felt about the products.

Interesting tip! :D

Seems like a damp towel would be heavy though... :scratchch hey creole, do you think you could you use a towel that you've warmed in the dryer and wrap that around rather than the warm damp towel? Or is the dampness the factor that is helping get the oxygen to the hair? :D

Sistaslick said:

Seems like a damp towel would be heavy though... :scratchch hey creole, do you think you could you use a towel that you've warmed in the dryer and wrap that around rather than the warm damp towel? Or is the dampness the factor that is helping get the oxygen to the hair? :D

From her explanation it was the dampness that assisted.

CreoleInDC said:
There is a salon in my area that does PhytoSpecific relaxers. They were having a hair doctor (school at the Phyto school in Paris) in for a promotion they were doing and I went to meet her so I could ask a few questions.

Well...her answers were all that I thought they were going to be (because I am a MAJOR fan of PhytoSpecific products) but she did say one thing to me that I'm going to incorporate into my regimen.

She said that when I'm using a plant based deep conditioner (as all their products are), instead of using a plastic bag to put over my head to sit under the dryer, use a towel run under hot water and then wrung out to wrap your hair in and sit under the dryer. She stated that plant based products need oxygen to get the optimal results and that the plastic bag was not allowing that to happen.

It was a very interesting hour that I spent picking her brain and I found that there is going to be a Phtyo school opening in New York in September.

The next time she is in town, she's going to contact me so I can tell more people where to go to talk to her. I was very impressed by her knowledge and it solidified everything I've felt about the products.

*MonaLisa still panting from running into the thread.....face went like this
>>>>:eek: :eek: upon learning that Phyto school is opening in NYC*

*nods head in gratitude to CreoleinDC for this thread*

:grin:

MonaLisa said:
*MonaLisa still panting from running into the thread.....face went like this
>>>>:eek: :eek: upon learning that Phyto school is opening in NYC*

*nods head in gratitude to CreoleinDC for this thread*

:grin:

From the website www.phytologie.com. PHYTO finds its new home 58th St. & Lexington Avenue in Manhattan! Due to open Spring/Summer 2006, the treatment and training center will be sure to assert the spirit and philosophy of PHYTO.
More details to come!

CreoleInDC said:
From the website www.phytologie.com. PHYTO finds its new home 58th St. & Lexington Avenue in Manhattan! Due to open Spring/Summer 2006, the treatment and training center will be sure to assert the spirit and philosophy of PHYTO.
More details to come!

*slides out of chair*
*killing me slow*
*I'm so friggin like there...*

LOL:lol:

Thanks Creole!!!

So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for the Phytospecific school to open out here in Houston anytime soon. :ohwell:

*pouts* New York always gets everything.:mad: *pouts*

Sistaslick said:
So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for the Phytospecific school to open out here in Houston anytime soon. :ohwell:

*pouts* New York always gets everything.:mad: *pouts*

Sorry Chica...she also said it was going to be the only one in the United States.

Umm.. did you ask her when they were going to lower the price on the dang relaxer?

I love me some PhytoRelaxer, but $60? I'm glad I'm not still relaxing at 6 weeks... I'd be making some tough decisions.

Phyto vs Shoes
Phyto vs Bottle of Wine
Phyto vs Pedicure

Life Threatening decisions, y'all...

Creole,

I had a Phyto rep come to my salon here in atlanta and he gave the same advice. He also had this really neat computer that allowed you to see your scalp and hair (and ends) magnified times a million on the screen. After doing this, they were able to suggest which type of treatments you needed for that salon appt (phyto nectar, etc). I was very impressed!

atlien11 said:
Creole,

I had a Phyto rep come to my salon here in atlanta and he gave the same advice. He also had this really neat computer that allowed you to see your scalp and hair (and ends) magnified times a million on the screen. After doing this, they were able to suggest which type of treatments you needed for that salon appt (phyto nectar, etc). I was very impressed!

Yeah...they truly believe in the "science" behind hair.

CreoleInDC said:
Are you a stylist?

Nope, just a die hard phytorelaxer lover...

and I'm beginning to really feel the poo, conditioner and hairdress...:look:

So if Phyto has a school opening, I feel the call of Phyto followers....that I need to be visiting that school:grin:

LadyChe said:
Umm.. did you ask her when they were going to lower the price on the dang relaxer?

I love me some PhytoRelaxer, but $60? I'm glad I'm not still relaxing at 6 weeks... I'd be making some tough decisions.

Phyto vs Shoes
Phyto vs Bottle of Wine
Phyto vs Pedicure

Life Threatening decisions, y'all...

LadyChe...online at hairboutique or Polly & Company, you can get a slightly lower price....please don't make life threatening decisions...:lol:

I talked to a Phyto rep at a salon in Atlanta and she was very helpful. She said the plastic caps weren't really appropriate for deep conditioning because the product coats the plastic more so than the hair. I also started the vits after the consultation. I really see a difference and their supplements aren't full of fillers.

Sistaslick said:

Sista, it's not too heavy. I used to do this all the time. But I would put the plastic cap over the towel and then sit under the dryer for a fake steam treatment. :lol: But it did work!

baglady215 said:
Sista, it's not too heavy. I used to do this all the time. But I would put the plastic cap over the towel and then sit under the dryer for a fake steam treatment. :lol: But it did work!

I am so going to do this!

*baglady...*
*moves foot back and forth*
*u sure gotz sum purty hair*
:D

baglady215 said:

What kind of towel to use? regular or hair towel?

Prince3 said:
What kind of towel to use? regular or hair towel?

I asked this question and she said to use a regular towel. She also said that if you have a steam hair dryer you didn't have to do this.

MeccaMedinah said:
Creole, did she look @ your hair/scalp?
Also, where can I buy Phyto products?
TIA :)

No. I had my hair in a bun so I wasn't taking it out to have someone play in it. LOL! But she did note how healthy it was. I buy them at this salon currently, but before I purchased them from Sephora.

CreoleInDC said:
No. I had my hair in a bun so I wasn't taking it out to have someone play in it. LOL! But she did note how healthy it was. I buy them at this salon currently, but before I purchased them from Sephora.

Thanks! :)

two_month_comparison.jpg

My hair progress using PhytoSpecific products, common sense, and HEAT once a week for two months focusing on a "growing regimen."

Back