Maximus Miniglide?

unalteredone

I'm making my Xmas list and thinking about the new growth that is coming on, and i think that i want to get a mini flat iron so i can get closer to my roots. i'm thinking around 1/2 an inch, and i thought i'd ask about the mini maxiglide. I am a Solia lover, but i dont know if they make a mini solia, and since the maxi glide has those pins i though that it could be good for new growth straightening. However, some of the reviewers complain of it pulling out their hair/being worse than the full size maxiglide. Does anyone have this? What do you think of it?

11988-A8675.jpg

EDIT: Maximus = Maxius. sry.

hmm, that looks pretty thick, it don;t know if that would get to the roots very well. I'm considering the BaByliss nano mini iron too.
13711-002044_detail.jpg

oh and btw, i'm in college so i'm broke and i'm trying to keep it below $40 if anyone has any suggestions.

I have both ( of Course I do.... ) :lachen:

The mini is only for Teeny tiny edges. It does not get as hot as the regular maxi... and it will not pull out your hair...if you use it correctly....

The mini flat - Gets TOOOO hot. I burned my head on it.

you can always get the 1" CHI. I hear it's great because the outer portion doesn't get hot so you can get closer.

Or the feather flat iron which is for the stove.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=246591

http://milstan.com/Store.html

The Milstan "Feather Flat" Iron with the Professional Oven (Heater) is on $170.00. However we are having a Holiday Special. You get both the Milstan "Feather Flat" Iron and the Oven for only $130.00 plus shipping. A savings of $40.00. That is cheaper than a Chi Ceramic Iron and the Feather Flat Iron will give you a much better finish style.

Thanks

Stan (Milstan) Nash
President Milstan Thermal Product Company
(909) 754-1955

you can always get the 1" CHI. I hear it's great because the outer portion doesn't get hot so you can get closer.

Or the feather flat iron which is for the stove.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=246591

http://milstan.com/Store.html

The Milstan "Feather Flat" Iron with the Professional Oven (Heater) is on $170.00. However we are having a Holiday Special. You get both the Milstan "Feather Flat" Iron and the Oven for only $130.00 plus shipping. A savings of $40.00. That is cheaper than a Chi Ceramic Iron and the Feather Flat Iron will give you a much better finish style.

Thanks

Stan (Milstan) Nash
President Milstan Thermal Product Company
(909) 754-1955

Ahh Yes,the lovely Marcel iron...invented in 1875....................

Yea, it is time to move on from 19th century torture devices....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i have the miniglide and have used it for my edges. I never had a problem with it pulling out my hair. But then again...i do teenie tiny sections around my edges only. It get it super straight. But yes...if u do i too often u prob. will start to see damage. so i save it for special situations........when i did try it all over my head it took forever. U have to use really small sections. so if ur gonna go that route just iron the visible ng for ur hairstyle

Last edited:
i have the miniglide and have used it for my edges. I never had a problem with it pulling out my hair. But then again...i do teenie tiny sections around my edges only. It get it super straight. But yes...if u do i too often u prob. will start to see damage. so i save it for special situations........when i did try it all over my head it took forever. U have to use really small sections. so if ur gonna go that route just iron the the visible ng for u hairstyle

Agreed............:yep:

can;t agree with you more, when my mom became a hairstylist they swore by those irons and stoves. I still have the burn on my arm from the 1 inch bumper iron :wallbash:

Ahh Yes,the lovely Marcel iron...invented in 1875....................

Yea, it is time to move on from 19th century torture devices....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back