Making Castor Oil

futureapl

I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever tried to make your own castor oil. What did you use. I would really appreciate step by step instructions.

I did it includes black tea, MSM and a lot of other stuff. I found it on you tube under hairdrenaline. I will look around and see if I can fine the recipe.

Yes it helped but smelled pretty bad. I didn't know about essential oils to change the smell. I did find the recipe:
Homemade black castor oil/hairdrenaline:

16 oz of castor oil
45 regular size cut black tea bags
1 oz (2 tbsp) cayenne pepper
30 (5000 mcg) biotin pills crushed
2-4 drops of onion seed oil OR 1 tsp of onion powder
1-2 drops of garlic seed oil OR 1/2 (half) tsp of garlic powder

*Preheat oven to 200 degrees
*Pour castor oil and other contents in oven safe container
*Cook for 5 hours 15 minutes
*Cool for about 4 hours
*Strain with 2 knee highs
This is enough to make about 18 ounces.

Last edited:
Wiki said it was s bean! *furious* THESE INTERNETS BE A LIE!

:lol::lol::lol:

yes. all beans are seeds so....maybe they meant to say seed? not all seeds are not beans so...i would just refer to it as a seed. in kreyol, they say seed...so it was a translation of how i've been told castor oil is made.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever tried to make your own castor oil. What did you use. I would really appreciate step by step instructions.

Do you mean making your own castor oil itself , or making a castor oil mix with herbs, essential oils, etc.
if it's making the actual oil , that seems like it it would be tedious and castor oil is very cheap to purchase so it's probably not worth it.

Castor beans can be quite poisonous if not processed correctly. I'd be too scared to even be exposed to ricin, the toxin in castor beans, to even risk it. Castor oil will always be store bought for me.

It's best to buy it ....it's castor beans cooked on an open stove hence the smokie smell..I buy Haitian l'heuil maskreti (I just know I spelled it wrong, lol) castor oil that normally has a bean or two at the bottom of the bottle.

Girl I once bought some shea nuts, calling myself making shea butter. I'll end there.

Point of that story is: leave it to the professionals.

Castor beans can be quite poisonous if not processed correctly. I'd be too scared to even be exposed to ricin, the toxin in castor beans, to even risk it. Castor oil will always be store bought for me.

Yeah I think like a drop off the stuff can kill you or is that kidney beans? Well they'll both kill you if not properly cooked and processed.

I guess it's not as easy as making your own coconut oil. Jamaican castor oil - I'm gonna ask a real jamaican if they know how to make it.

Back