Magnetic Rollers

I use Annie's. The purple (my preference) and the gray (if I can't or don't want to be under the dryer for more than 35-40 minutes. My hair is almost APL.

I use the gray ones too. I buy them from Sallys. My hair is between APL and BSL.

Depends how tight I want the curls. My hair is still short enough to dry completely with the pink ones, but if I want less curl I use the gray.

I use the gray (2") and purple (1.75") from Sally's. My hair is almost APL.

When you buy clips, make sure to buy the clips that slide all the way in so that you only have to use one clip per roller. At Sallys's those are the Salon Care Metal All Purpose Clips, not the ones labeled "Double Prong Clips". If you get Annie clips get the "Slide-In Clips".

I use the pink magnetic rollers with the shield covers. My hair is a little past SL. When my hair gets longer, I'll opt to roller set with larger rollers with prong clips. Until then, I'll keep using my pink rollers because I like the tight curls I get from them and my hair isn't long enough for the larger rollers.

deniseloc said:
Oh see I did not know there was two different kinds of clips. Thanx
When I was in Sally's the sales associate told me that the All Purpose Clips were the right ones. When I took a closer look I saw that there's more space to slide the roller in with the All Purpose Clips because of where the hinge is on the clip.

My hair is BSL. For straight styles, I use the grey (2") size w/ double-pronged clips. For loose curls/waves, I use 1-1/2". For spiral curls, I use magnetics with the caps...I believe they are approx. 1" in diameter.

When I use the 1" size, it takes a looonngg time for my hair to dry, so I use as many rollers as can possibly fit on my head...about 35.:lol:

With hair at waist now, I am using magnetic rollers from time to time in order to airdry. So I use the largest rollers I could find. Initially I used the green or plume 3 inches you can find at Sally. Now I am using the Phar Boys which are even larger (see my album)

albane said:
With hair at waist now, I am using magnetic rollers from time to time in order to airdry. So I use the largest rollers I could find. Initially I used the green or plume 3 inches you can find at Sally. Now I am using the Phar Boys which are even larger (see my album)

ALBANE ! Wow ! Finally I get to see a full rollerset with those rollers ! I see those rollers in the set at the Super Beauty Warehouse back home in the Southeast and I have seen them used backstage on models but never here on LHCF. Thanks soooo much for posting. I hereby crown you the rollerset queen !!!!! Thanks for sharing ! :)

:bump:

Anyone else?? This is a good thread :D

I'm trying to figure out the range of roller sizes I should be using. Also, how do you know it's time to move up in size??

Depends on the type of curl I want and which dryer (if any) I want to sit under. I typically use Annie's red and purples when I use my Ion soft bonnet dryer.

If I air dry or want less curl, I use the black ones.

My hair lengths are in my siggy! :)

Hi we are about the same lengh and I use mostly tan and yellow for a nice set. The next size will be the teal green. It is said that you should be able to wrap your hair around the roller 2 1/2 times for a nice set.

As to when to move up to the next size I just at times try the next size and see how it looks.

HTH

:bump:

Anyone else?? This is a good thread :D

I'm trying to figure out the range of roller sizes I should be using. Also, how do you know it's time to move up in size??

Hi we are about the same lengh and I use mostly tan and yellow for a nice set. The next size will be the teal green. It is said that you should be able to wrap your hair around the roller 2 1/2 times for a nice set.

As to when to move up to the next size I just at times try the next size and see how it looks.

HTH

Thanks! I just did a set tonight w/mostly teal and a couple of tan and yellows. The front came out nice (I blew the roots out and wrapped afterwards) but the back...:nono: Should I go smaller or larger in the back? I have rollerset pics in my fotki...

Thanks again :)

I buy the ones from Sally's and I use the red and purple rollers, i'm BSL. I didn't give my self enough credit, plus i hate sitting under the dryer for a long time...so i'll be getting the gray rollers on my next visit.

Ok, I just came back from the bathroom mirror :look:

I think next time I will try the beige ones in the back and see what happens. This is interesting. I never got into rollersets until I joined this board. All the women in my family either wet wrap or blowdry...:ohwell:

I use the pink magnetic rollers with the shield covers. My hair is a little past SL. When my hair gets longer, I'll opt to roller set with larger rollers with prong clips. Until then, I'll keep using my pink rollers because I like the tight curls I get from them and my hair isn't long enough for the larger rollers.

Just butting in for a second. They make the snap-on magnetic rollers two sizes bigger than the pink ones now. If you want the hold of the snap-ons with a looser curl you can have it.

Here are some links for you:

These are one-size larger than the pink ones: http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/1230.html

These are two sizes larger than the pink ones:
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/ansnonmaro.html

Your set came out really nice. I have using more tan than teal but i think next time I will go with more teal then tan. Right now I can play with my rollerset because I'm not wearing it out. I am doing phonytails, buns and fall until next April but when I wash my hair twice a week I still rollerset and dry. I am also going to try to roll up next time.

Ok, I just came back from the bathroom mirror :look:

I think next time I will try the beige ones in the back and see what happens. This is interesting. I never got into rollersets until I joined this board. All the women in my family either wet wrap or blowdry...:ohwell:

Your set came out really nice. I have using more tan than teal but i think next time I will go with more teal then tan. Right now I can play with my rollerset because I'm not wearing it out. I am doing phonytails, buns and fall until next April but when I wash my hair twice a week I still rollerset and dry. I am also going to try to roll up next time.

Thanks!!! :grin:
Rolling up is so much easier (for me at least) b/c I get the roots straighter, so if I decide to stretch my relaxer or something it won't be a struggle.

I bun a lot too, but if I get this size thing resolved I just might wear my hair out to work or something *gasp* :lol:
(Just for one day, though...it's starting to get cold outside...)

My hair is about the same length in my picture. I use red and purple. I use the largest ones my hair can stand because rollersetting takes me forever and I hate sitting under the dryer so long. Since I saran wrap afterwards, I don't really care about a smaller curl.

My hair is about the same length in my picture. I use red and purple. I use the largest ones my hair can stand because rollersetting takes me forever and I hate sitting under the dryer so long. Since I saran wrap afterwards, I don't really care about a smaller curl.

I just checked your fotki. Your hair is really pretty :)

Back