Los Angeles - Dominican Products and Salons

Hairgasm

Sorry if I made ya look because you thought I had the 411. I don't. I'm tired of ordering Dominican products online and going to the beauty school to get my hair done.

I went to the Dominican Salon in Sun Valley (Clara is the owner), and my hair looked exactly the same as if I had done it. They front like they're all Dominican, meanwhile a Mexican woman was doing my hair. She didn't know what in the world she was doing, and admitted she didn't.

When I went there a year ago, Clara was THE ONLY Dominican up in that joint. How are you gonna name a salon a name like that with only one Dominican stylist in there, and not even train the non-Dominican ones?! Waste of money and time. I never went back.

Does anyone have the 411 on finding Dominican products and/or stylists in L.A.? I'm originally from back east and used to the Dominicans hooking my head up.

Girl, don't even get me started on Clara and her awful salon. I had the WORST experience there last December and I've been warning people since.

As far as Dominican products go, I can't help ya because I don't use them but hopefully another fabulous LA lady can come and give you the scoop.

{DI}

Back