Lord Help Me, I Nearly BC'd Today!

MrsHdrLe

The story is, I am mostly texlaxed, but slightly so (most people don't realize I've done anything to my hair) and I have about three inches left of bone straight ends which are ugly, see through, sanpping off... I can't do anything with my hair but wear the front/crown up (half up or pony).

Worst yet, THERE'S ONLY ABOUT A 4 INCH STRIP AT THE CROWN AND MAYBE 1 INCH ALONG THE PERIMETER THAT'S LIKE THIS. THE REST IS NEARLY NATURAL AND I REALLY WANT THIS PERM GONE, but will it look weird to only cut that hair there? The rest of my hair is between 12-14 inches long all around (but the healthy hair is only about 6-7 inches).

I'm trying to transition this hair, but it's so ugly I think it's holding me back. I've gotten good growth this year except for this section, it seems to be stuck.:sad:

What would you do?

BC as in cutting off more than 3 inches to get rid of the straight hair. I'm wondering if I should go on anc cut the realxed ends and my healthy hair to blend or continue to transtion this section. I feel like that part will never grow, but I don't want to lose the healthy 12-14 inches all around.
Any ideas?

Can we see a pic? You don't need to show your face :)

If not, without seeing pic's i'd say trim a little at at a time. Do twistouts and wrap the ends on flexirods to make them curly. Maybe that will hold you for a little while.

I considered posting pics, but I don't have any that show what's really going on since I work very hard at concealing that section. I'm also in a weave right now. It's coming out June 10th, but I actually started hacking away at the stringy ends today and now have a larger bang area (exactly NOT what I'm trying to do).:wallbash:
The point is, my hair is only 14" on the right side of the crown and 11" on the left (w/o seeing the weaved up part). It just doesn't seem to be retaining length at the same rate as the rest of my hair.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll be able to blend it better, wear my hair out unstraightened, and it may actually start growing/retaining length at the same rate as the rest of my hair.

Since it is your crown area you can cut the relaxed strands off and wear a side afro puff, a bun or an updo until the crown grows out. Just take good care of that section and before you know it is will grow out nicely

Back