long term regular users of Elasta QP Mango Butter

Irresistible

im wondering if anyone that has used this product regulary and long term has experienced any dryness, hardness from the protien???.

I've only used it regulary for about about a week or two now and i can telll that it might lead to dryness, its not bad, but i can tell its possible. i started using it with oil now though.

anyone else have problems using this product regularly, long term? It says on the jar use daily though
look.gif

Irresistible, you might try posting your question on nappturality's commercial product board. There're a whole lot of long-term Mango Butter users on np as well as a 5-page thread on the product
smile.gif

I haven't been using it long, 2-3 mos., on my second jar though. I noticed after awhile that it didn't seem as moisturizing as it did before. But I do like it, so I did what I do to everything.... gave it supplements. I add EVOO, Nexxus Humectress and Aloe Vera Gel to it and it's been working well. I don't think my hair has an issue w/regular light protein though, I only notice dryness when I over-use heavier protein conditioners (I got too excited when I started using AO GPB
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
).

I haven't used mango butter that long but I noticed immediately that it makes my ends hard. I love the butter on my edges (it makes them smooth and sleak) but my ends don't like it.

I have the mango butter, I can't use it as a moisturizer alone, it doesn't keep my hair moisturised...but it works well for slicking back my hair and sometimes I mix it with other things to make it work better.

I was using it on my dry hair and I did notice it wasn't moisturizing so now I use it on damp hair and it seems to do better

Re: long term regular users of Elasta QP Mango But

[ QUOTE ]
BronzeBrown said:
Irresistible, you might try posting your question on nappturality's commercial product board. There're a whole lot of long-term Mango Butter users on np as well as a 5-page thread on the product
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ok , thank you , I will check it out
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Does Mango Butter have protein in it?

[/ QUOTE ] yup Supergirl, it has silk protien

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
I think it works best on wet hair. When I airdry with mango butter it dries really soft.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats how i have been using, I'm just noticing its not a majorly moisturizing product and can be somewhat drying. I'm just concerned about long term regular use and what it would do, maybe i will just chill on it some and use it less

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I haven't used mango butter that long but I noticed immediately that it makes my ends hard. I love the butter on my edges (it makes them smooth and sleak) but my ends don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah its kinda strange
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I have the mango butter, I can't use it as a moisturizer alone, it doesn't keep my hair moisturised...but it works well for slicking back my hair and sometimes I mix it with other things to make it work better.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah girl, i got the notion to do the same thing now

It seems very water-based. I notice that water-based products will make my hair dry unless I only use them when my hair is wet to airdry.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
It seems very water-based. I notice that water-based products will make my hair dry unless I only use them when my hair is wet to airdry.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too
shocked.gif

You know what I suspect it is the squalene in it. I have their power drops and that makes my hair hard. (And to think I searched for that for months
laugh.gif
, what can you do but laugh.)

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
You know what I suspect it is the squalene in it. I have their power drops and that makes my hair hard. (And to think I searched for that for months
laugh.gif
, what can you do but laugh.)

[/ QUOTE ] hmmmm squalene? whats that, gonna do a search and see what i find

ETA: oh my
shocked.gif
its shark liver oil
shocked.gif

is that sposed to be good for the hair? goin to read some more

ETA again: whoa and its the second ingredient listed.....

It is in EVOO too. It is what makes it so good for the hair acoording to some website I read.

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
It is in EVOO too. It is what makes it so good for the hair acoording to some website I read.

[/ QUOTE ] shark liver oil is in olive oil? lol
confused.gif
it does say on the jar , olive oil derived, but when i just did a search all thats coming up is shark liver oil
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:

[/ QUOTE ] shark liver oil is in olive oil? lol
confused.gif
it does say on the jar , olive oil derived, but when i just did a search all thats coming up is shark liver oil
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] ok I get it now, i was freakin at that shark stuff, just thinking a shark's skin looks smooth but im sure is hard, kinda like the mango butter makes my hair look/feel
laugh.gif
but it can come from olive oil too. so whats in this stuff that makes it smooth, yet hard and dry, i love it the stuff and and kinda cant stand it all at once
laugh.gif

well actually im just concerned about long term regular use and what it could do more than anything, I could deal with it and what it does and feels like if i knew it was safe long term. the way it feels has me wanting to stop using it so regulary cause im scared of what it might do , and im like dang i just fell in love with it not long ago
frown.gif

Back