Little Bit of Breakage

TonicaG

TonicaG
Hi Ladies,

My name is TonicaG and I'm a PJ. However, I am soooo excited to be part of the LHCF family! I view the board everyday all day! I think I'm an addict to the board! I truly love you guys!

I do have a quick question for the "pros" and would like some guidance. I got a relaxer about two weeks ago and did an Emergencee treatment the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I was combing my hair this morning and noticed breakage. It's not severe but it's enough to concern me. Not sure if it's the weather, or what but would definitely appreciate some insight!

Welcome, welcome.

Did you follow the instructions exactly on the Emergencee bottle? My bottle requires a second wash, then I follow up with a deep conditioner.

Welcome. I am not familiar with Emergence but for breakage issues I would try a deep condition followed by a hot oil treatment or Salerm wheat germ mask weekly. That is what I do to combat shedding and breakage. Again, glad to have you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome!!!!!!

I have used Emergencee in the past. Did you follow-up with a deep moisturizing treatment? No a rinse out like the directions suggest.

I wouldn't think it was the Emergencee, unless it wasn't rinsed properly and the protein is still in your hair. As webby stated, I too poo and use a second conditioner afterwards. I think it would be a good idea to rinse your hair or either moisturize it and cover it w/a baggie until your next wash day. I wouldn't suggest hot oil right now b/c it can weigh the hair down even more. You need to get moisture back into your ends before you seal them w/the hot oil.

Nexxus Humectress of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Nacidit Avocado and Salerm Wheatgerm are other solid choices /images/graemlins/smile.gif though harder to locate in some areas.

Back