Liquid Keratin 30 Day Straight Smooth-Reviews?

LaidBak

Liquid Keratin 30 Day Straight Smooth Strong & Long Treatment:

I'd like to know if anyone has tried this product. Someone else asked about it in another thread of a different topic but her question got ignored.

Nothing came up on it when I searched past threads. Its not in the product review section either.

It doesn't seem like its the same as a BKT because there is no formaldehyde (or aldehyde) in it.

Ingredients:
Purified Water, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids (Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Glycine), Biformyl, Potassium Dimethicone PEG-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Keratin, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate / Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth 4, Laureth-23, Hydrolyzed Keratin.

So...has anyone tried it? Personally I'm not looking for it to replicate relaxer results. But if it can strengthen and somewhat straighten my 4b NG that would be great.

Full product info....

Liquid Keratin Treatment is a revolutionary patented at home treatment that smoothes, strengthens, softens and most importantly gives you frizz free manageable hair that lasts up to 6 weeks. This progressive treatment provides instant results as well as long-term benefits. The more often you use it, the more beautiful your hair.

Developed for all hair types and suitable for chemically treated hair.

Included:

Liquid Keratin 30 day straight smooth strong & long treatment (4.0 oz / 118 ml) - Patent pending.
Liquid Keratin Infusing Healthy Hair De-Frizz Shampoo (1.7 oz / 50 ml)
Liquid Keratin Infusing Deep De-Frizz Conditioner (1.7 oz / 50 ml)
Liquid Keratin Filling Leave-In Conditioner (1.7 oz / 50 ml)
Liquid Keratin is a revolutionary patented hair treatment that infuses curly, frizzy, unmanageable hair with keratin protein that it is naturally missing in just 30 minutes. Liquid Keratin is the first safe at home alternative to expensive salon treatments containing Formaldehyde and harmful chemical ingredients, with amazing results of straighter, smoother, stronger and longer hair instantly. Liquid Keratin treated hair is faster and easy to style.

In independent clinical lab studies of Liquid Keratin, treated hair had 100% less frizz, 70% less curl and was 25% longer with results lasting as long as 6 weeks.

Unlike salon treatments, Liquid Keratin offers choice! Wear your new sexy soft curls, waves or straight hair with ease and without frizz or expensive, lengthy salon visits.

Finally, hair perfection for all!

Ingredients:

Liquid Keratin 30 Day Straight Smooth Strong & Long Treatment:
Purified Water, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids (Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Glycine), Biformyl, Potassium Dimethicone PEG-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Keratin, Sodium Laneth-40 Maleate / Styrene Sulfonate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth 4, Laureth-23, Hydrolyzed Keratin.
Liquid Keratin Infusing Healthy Hair De-Frizz Shampoo:
Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cocoamidopropyl Betain, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 150 Distearate, Keratin, Panthanol, Polyquaternium-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Fragrance, Polysilicone-15, Disodium EDTA, Methyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone.
Liquid Keratin Infusing Deep De-Frizz Conditioner:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters Wax, Amodimethicone, Keratin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polysilicone-15, Fragrance, Trideceth-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Methyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone.
Liquid Keratin Filling Leave-In Conditioner:
Water, Propylene Gylcol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Keratin, Panthanol, Aloe, Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cyclomethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Polysilicone-15, Disodium EDTA, Methyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone.

I've never heard of this product. Drugstore.com has a review section too...did it get any start ratings at that site?

I haven't heard of this product in particular, but I have heard of the Keratin Complex treatment by Coppola. The Keratin Complex contains aldehyde. They are now in the process of trying to formulate this product without the aldehyde.

Last edited:
I bought Liquid Keratin on Beauty.com about two weeks ago. I wasn't expecting too much, but I have to say I am VERY happy with the results. I have type 3B hair with lots of frizz. I did a Brazillian keratin treatment about a year and half ago, but was frustrated that my curl was completely gone (a lesson in "becareful what you wish for"). I've washed my hair about 4 times since applying liquid keratin. My frizz is completely gone and my curl is much looser but still there!!! LOVE IT!!! Also, the leave-in conditioner that comes in the kit is also the best I've every tried.

This product seems to contain formaldehyde, I can see formyl or something like that in the ingredients need. Seems similar to brazilian keratin system.
Just be careful when using ensure good ventilation, as the fumes can be toxic paticularly with prolong exposures.

Lollyloo - I've had the BKT done. The technician was wearing gloves and we were both wearing masks and the fumes and smells were terrible. This product is nothing like that. You don't even need gloves and there is no smell. I looked up the ingredient you mentioned and it is not a carcinogen.

I bought Liquid Keratin on Beauty.com about two weeks ago. I wasn't expecting too much, but I have to say I am VERY happy with the results. I have type 3B hair with lots of frizz. I did a Brazillian keratin treatment about a year and half ago, but was frustrated that my curl was completely gone (a lesson in "becareful what you wish for"). I've washed my hair about 4 times since applying liquid keratin. My frizz is completely gone and my curl is much looser but still there!!! LOVE IT!!! Also, the leave-in conditioner that comes in the kit is also the best I've every tried.

Thanks Unruly!

What do think the results would be on 4c hair?

God bless.

I just saw an ad for this in this month's InStyle Magazine. It seems like a temporary texturizer - as in how straight or loose your texture becomes depends on how tight it is to begin with.

Seems so expensive for something that only lasts about 6wks though..? Guess it would be the same as going to a salon for a relaxer every 6 wks though...

I just saw an ad for this in this month's InStyle Magazine. It seems like a temporary texturizer - as in how straight or loose your texture becomes depends on how tight it is to begin with.

Seems so expensive for something that only lasts about 6wks though..? Guess it would be the same as going to a salon for a relaxer every 6 wks though...

Bumping for any more revies- I am thinking of purchasing for my daughter.
I think you can get more than 1 application for this.

hmm im intrigued the pj in me wants to know, but $69 whew! I'm a pj on a budget. I'm sure i'll break down though, I always do...

Just wanted to know how many applications do you get in the kit? And do you think the amount in the kit can do BSL 4a/4b hair?

bumping...

If it really works well, I would love to use on DD. I like her length and, as she gets older, want to teach her how to take care of natural hair. Has anyone used it on children?

cj

Back