let's compare reconstructors

newslady

which do you prefer aphogee reconstructor vs. nexxus keraphix?

honestly, i was about to give my keraphix away b/c my hair didn't feel especially *stronger* or *better* after using it. i even mixed it with keracare humecto and sat under the dryer for 10 mins and my hair only felt OK.

but i recall how good my hair felt with aphogee's reconstructor. since i use heat EVERY DAY, i'm considering mixing aphogee re w/ my humecto this week for my c/ws on dry hair.

any reviews of these or other reconstuctors?

I prefer Keraphix. Actually, I haven't used any other kind of reconstructor so I don't know if anything out there is better. All I know is that my hair likes it a lot.

Keraphix is a very mild reconstructor kinda meant to be use weekly. It is not heavy like some othe other reconstrutors in its line. Aphogee reconstructor is a much strong reconstructor. Look a Nexxus site it will give info on each of its reconstructors. Very good info :)

The Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor is inexpensively priced at $4.99 (Sally) and works well on my 4a/4b coarse relaxed hair. I can feel the difference. I also use the Aphoghee treatment monthly, but I mix it with Elasta qp breakage serum for stronger, thicker feeling hair.

If you use any oils - olive, carrot, or jojoba try adding a tablespoon full to get a different more moisturized feel!

tenderheaded said:
The Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor is inexpensively priced at $4.99 (Sally) and works well on my 4a/4b coarse relaxed hair. I can feel the difference. I also use the Aphoghee treatment monthly, but I mix it with Elasta qp breakage serum for stronger, thicker feeling hair.

If you use any oils - olive, carrot, or jojoba try adding a tablespoon full to get a different more moisturized feel!

I've tried that one (had to delete my previous post because I thought y'all ment that really stinky treatment:lol: )

For me it didn't seem to work all that well. I got more out of using keraphix and my hair felt in much better shape using it too.

I would still get tons of breakage with aphogee, that dosen't happen at all with keraphix.

-A

Isis said:
I prefer Keraphix. Actually, I haven't used any other kind of reconstructor so I don't know if anything out there is better. All I know is that my hair likes it a lot.

Me2...this is the only reconstructor i've tried so far...and it works really well on my hair.

I've tried several reconstructors and I can say that so far Aphogee is the best one for me dispite the horrible smell. One particular brand that I LOVED, made my hair so elastic was discontinued:(, I would say it was better than Aphogee and smell marvelous (like Grapes)! Aphogee works but I mix it with Nexxus Emergencee (a Polymeric treatment) and other conditioners to cut the nasty smell and the sticky, wet, drippy neck.

Alli77 said:
I've tried several reconstructors and I can say that so far Aphogee is the best one for me dispite the horrible smell. One particular brand that I LOVED, made my hair so elastic was discontinued:(, I would say it was better than Aphogee and smell marvelous (like Grapes)! Aphogee works but I mix it with Nexxus Emergencee (a Polymeric treatment) and other conditioners to cut the nasty smell and the sticky, wet, drippy neck.

Does the aphogee reconstructor really have the same scent as the actual treatment for damaged hair?

Last edited:
ok, let's clear something up.
i'm *not* referring to the APHOGEE TREATMENT which smells.
i'm talking about the aphogee RECONSTRUCTOR where u just cover your head w/ a cap for 5 minutes and sit under the dryer, then rinse.

want to compare it to keraphix.

and aquarian, thanks for your concern about my heat use everyday in true LHCF style. but i'm on tv, have layers in the top, a flip in the back and i work out several times a week. so that'w why i use heat everyday.

mixed aphogee RECONSTRUCTOR w/ keracare humecto for a c/w on *dry* hair and my hair feels stronger already. will keep with this for awhile.

Back