Leave in Conditioner

i use pro vitamin leave in by aphogee. its ok but i havent found a better one. I think the mayo is protein but im not sure

I do not like African Best products, I have always known others that had a problem with it and I refuse to put any more pressure or stress on my hair. I love. Leave in conditioner by Herbal Essences. Long Term Relationship. It actually makes my hair straighter. I been using it for a long time now and have had no issues no set backs no damage ends. I also use WEN and I use that as a leave in conditioner as well but if I didn't have any leave in at the house I would use regular moisturing conditioner not a lot but I would use it on my hair instead of nothing. Make sure none of this gets on your scalp.

What do you use?

Also is Africa's Best Leave in hair mayo considered a source of protein or leave in conditioner?

I use Hair one Olive cleansing Conditioner as a leave in.

I think and ladies correct me if im wrong Africa's Best is a source of protein not a leave in.

I use Knot Today this one is pretty good it "melts" away my tangles. I recently started using Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment as a leave in so far so good.

I have recently been using Barry Fletchers leave-in conditioner cream and Komaza Shea Butter Hair Lotion.

They are both great, but I am trying to figure out which one I like the best.

RIP Qhemet's Olive Cream Detangler.

I like Lacio Lacio or Salerm. I don't know too much about Africa's Best products at all. What are the ingredients? You can visit the link below and see if one of these proteins is listed in the ingredients. HTH some.

http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114629

I use Lacio Lacio...and I love it!

Yup I agree with the Lacio, I have tried so many products and nothing conditions and moisturizes my naturally dry 4b hair better than Lacio, makes it feel like silk. I don't even need to apply it daily, it's that darn good!

I love Naccidit leave in conditioner. It is the bomb. I use it on my wet hair when I rollerset. It makes my hair so soft and shiney.

Im still trying to find my staple leave in. Right now Im trying Chi Silk Infusion and so far so good.

I think the mayo is protein ..
I use Africa's best Kids organics shea butter lotion, I'm starting to use natural products for 2009 where possible so that may change..

When i am wearing my hair flat ironed I use NTM silk touch, but when its a wash n go I use Pm the conditioner or when I am lazy :lachen:which is the winter time.

Here`s an article by Gennifer Miller aka Macherieamour:

ie166-062.jpg
In the market for a new leave- in conditioner? A great leave-in conditioner will add moisture and make your hair easy to detangle and style. Here are a few of my personal favorites!

Have a few favorites of your own? Add them to the comments section!

1. Razac Perfect for Perms Leave-In Conditioner

This leave-in is relatively inexpensive and easy to find at most drugstores. It adds a nice hold to the hair, making it perfect for soft roller sets and braid-outs.

2. Jane Carter Leave-In Conditioner

This leave-in smells fantastic and can double as a daily moisturizer. It helps detangle all hair types and adds a nice long lasting sheen.
3. Carol's Daughter Tui Leave-In

Another great smelling leave-in. This product is very light and can be used on all hair textures. Hair will smell fresh and clean all day.

4. Giovanni Direct Leave-in

Looking for a natural product? This certified organic leave-in will add strength and moisture to all hair types. It also helps detangle the hair and adds a nice long-lasting hold to roller and flexirod sets.

5. Rusk Leave- in

Easy to find at most drugstores, this leave-in is easy to apply and creates soft, silky hair. It penetrates effortlessly and leaves the hair with incredible bounce and shine.

Hope this was helpful! For more tips and techniques, join me at www.healthytextures.com.

I use Paul Mitchell/Sallys GVP Leave in Conditioner. I love it. It works well with my hair. Im not to sure about African Best Hair Mayo Conditioner. I used it once a long time ago, I never purchase it again. Then I switch over to ORS products. Their Hair Mayo worked great for me for awhile, but after awhile I didn't like it anymore.

Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In is my staple, and my hair is in total :love: with it. I also use Razac Perfect For Perms Leave-In mixed w/Rose Water as my "setting agent" when rollersetting.

Last edited:
I have a mix for my Infusium 23 and Aphoghee pro vitamin. I prefer my Infusium mix though. I also use NTM silk touch in the summer months.

Back