Layer Trim Warning!

Spagirl

I went JC Penny's Salon to get my hair washed and set Wednesday and ended up getting a deep conditioning, trim and curler set. The stylist examined my hair when it was wet and stated that she didn't see any visible split ends but that my hair appeared to be thinning mid length to ends. She said this was an indication that I have some splitting going on and asked when was the last time I had a trim. I stated that my last trim was back in February this year. I also shared with her that my hair had been shedding a whole lot and I thought maybe she was seeing the new hairs from the follicles that had previously shed. Well needless to say she felt that my end needed to be trimmed to take off the dead ends that might be splitting and running up my hair shaft. Since I had the last say I gave my consent to having my ends trimmed and indicated how much she could take off (about a 1/2 in). I also shared with her that I didn't want a blunt trim but a layered trim. Well, I ended up with a layered trim that was finished off with a blunt cut in the end. I didn't think that was normal but I will be even more careful next time. Because of the hurricane threat I ended up at my other home w/o my measuring tape and just a little while ago (now that I'm back in this home to stay) I measured my hair and to my suprise my hair is 2 inches shorter that what I measure l-2 wks ago.
shocked.gif
And to think she wanted to cut off more by stating to me that I need the full 1 in. taken off. Another "Scissor Happy Stylist" worthy of the awarded
spank.gif
spank.gif
whip.gif

On the bright side, I noticed while I was there they have a steam dryer and per the manager it's brand new and when she gets the things she needs to operate it with she will look into the possibility of me getting a deep conditioning using it. If I do go back it won't be getting done by scissor happy!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You'll get those two inches back in no time. I know your hair will grow back healthier and longer than before.

Back