Last stylist a bust...new stylist seems better! (long)

Wishin4BSL

Well, I don't know if you all remember, but I found a stylist a while ago who seemed to be dedicated to healthy hair, but since I'm so passive, I didn't tell her that I didn't want her to run the relaxer through to the ends (which I didn't know she was doing until she did it) so I never went back. That was back in October (relaxer before last).

I went to my godmother's stylist yesterday for a relaxer (my godmother has gorgeous BSL hair) and she seemed really nice. She's a young black woman, late 20s I think, and she's from New Jersey. I was suprised at first when she didn't complain about going three months without a relaxer. Then I told her about the extreme breakage I went through my last relaxer back in December because of the protein treatment she gave me twice in a row (I wrote a thread about that too). When she started talking about protein and moisture balance, I was like :eek:. Then she started telling me that she only did relaxers every three months on her clients (longer if she could convince her clients to) and then I was like :eek: :eek: :eek:. So I casually mentioned LHCF, but I don't think she's a member. When she relaxed my hair, she didn't really want to (I was only 11 weeks), so at this point, I trusted her enough to cut (yes, CUT) my hair (the damage after the breakage back in December had gotten much worse) and I told her that I didn't want it to be shorter than shoulder length, so she cut it to collarbone length and I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . I LOVE her! She works at hair cuttery and they only charge $14 for a wash and set! My last salons charged $30-$35! And she does really nice dominican blowouts (but I got a roller wrap)!

Although I'm on a personal HYH challenge, I will post a starting pic soon!

Wishin4BSL said:
I LOVE her! She works at hair cuttery and they only charge $14 for a wash and set! My last salons charged $30-$35! And she does really nice dominican blowouts (but I got a roller wrap)!

Although I'm on a personal HYH challenge, I will post a starting pic soon!
Good for you, finding a stylist you love! Another Hair Cuttery stylist here! :wave:

Thats great that you found a new stylist that you can trust. What baffles me is why in the heck would the first stylist run the relaxer all the way to the ends?:confused: I just dont get it. I mean come on, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're not supposed to do that. WTH

I pray for the day I can find what you found. I have not had that since I was in middle school until she moved away. *tears*

Thanks ladies! I feel so blessed that I've found such a great stylist. And I don't understand the stylist running the relaxer through to the ends either! My stylist when I was back in middle school would do this every once in a while because "you have to do it every once in a while to keep the hair straight." :eek: WTH? If I would have known then what I know now, I would never have allowed it!

Back