• After Rinse

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Before and After Rinse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Explain

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

leona2025

Ok ladies this is the last part of my reggie that I need to get right. I am pretty happy at this point with my hair. I'm even ok with the trims I've been getting. In order to protect my ends from heat damage, I always do a clear or colored rinse on the day I want to flat iron.

In my mind this adds a little extra protection. So I'm wondering do you dc before your rinse or after. Doing it after kinda makes me feel like I'm washing the rinse away, but if I dc before my rinse my hair is not as soft. What do you do?

I DC after the rinse. Rinses tend to leave my hair feeling rough and dry, so I followup with a DC, which brings the softness back.

i usually do it after, but i dont rinse the color out first. After i put the color in with heat, i let cool. Then i put the dc on. Go back under the heat..and then rinse everything out. It turned out fine for me.

Although I have not used a rinse in a long time, I voted other. I did not DC during the process. Porosity control and a rinse out conditior for 5 minutes with a cap usually brought my softness back. I agree about the protective coating with the rinse and believe the DC might be difficult to penetrate the strand.

Once, a stylist did mix a clear rinse with deep conditioner then sit me under the dryer. I believe that had something to do with the natural henna in my hair. :scratchch

When I used rinses I did both, I deep conditioned as a pre-poo, shampoo, apply rinse, wash out and deep conditon again.

I do this with every wash, the rinse would just be an additional step.

Although I have not used a rinse in a long time, I voted other. I did not DC during the process. Porosity control and a rinse out conditior for 5 minutes with a cap usually brought my softness back. I agree about the protective coating with the rinse and believe the DC might be difficult to penetrate the strand.

Once, a stylist did mix a clear rinse with deep conditioner then sit me under the dryer. I believe that had something to do with the natural henna in my hair. :scratchch

I like this ideal. I use to mix my rinses in with my conditioner, but I have one rinse that does not like conditioner and it makes all these nasty white gobbers in my hair. Did the clear rinse take as well when mixed with the conditioner?

Hmm. When I was using Colorshowers I would wash my hair, apply the rinse under heat for 30 minutes then deep condition for an hour. My hair still had the color amazingly!

I like to apply my rinses to dry hair and process under the dryer, then let it cool. I wash out and poo with PC shampoo, DC as usual.

i usually do it after, but i dont rinse the color out first. After i put the color in with heat, i let cool. Then i put the dc on. Go back under the heat..and then rinse everything out. It turned out fine for me.
thanks for sharing this poochie! I will try it this way when I self relax later this month.

I have to say that it dependes. Sometimes i do it before riinse and other times, depending on what i put in or how my hair turns out, i do it instead of rinse.

I deep condition before I wash my hair. So I would do it before I rinse. So I will not leave anything in my hair. I will not get product buildup.

I deep condition for 20-30 minutes under heat after I rinse out the color rinse. this works well for me

I deep condition my hair and then I do my clear rinse, I have found that the rinse "seals" in the moisture from my deep condition. If I get really lazy Ill mix my clear rinse in with my conditioner.

I deep condition my hair and then I do my clear rinse, I have found that the rinse "seals" in the moisture from my deep condition. If I get really lazy Ill mix my clear rinse in with my conditioner.

I never thought of the rinse as sealing in the moisture. When you mix your rinse with conditioner do you get the same amount of shine? What rinse do you use?

I never thought of the rinse as sealing in the moisture. When you mix your rinse with conditioner do you get the same amount of shine? What rinse do you use?

I get slightly less shine, when I mix my rinse with my conditioner, but not too much of a difference. I currently use Adore clear rinse!

I haven't applied a rinse in awhile but I DC'd before my rinse. I assumed b/c my cuticles were open it took better.

Back