Ladies, your opinion please and a question!

anherica

I'm trying to be a little more creative with my hair. I usually wear twists, but now I've reached a stage where even when my hair is shrunken, the twists in back rub up against my clothing. I've been experimenting with updos at home, and I just did one that my husband actually complimented me on. That was a shock, so I might wear it out of the house. :yep: Believe it or not, he suggested I ask the ladies on the hair board what they thought, because they know more about these things than he does.

So ladies, what do you think? Is it okay? Any advice? Since it took me a bit of time to do it, I really don't want to take it down. So, do you take your buns/updos down every night? I was planning on taking it down every other day to moisturize. Is this a wise plan of action? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• twistupdo1_576x600.jpg
    twistupdo1_576x600.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • twistupdo2_564x600.jpg
    twistupdo2_564x600.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 28
  • twistupdo3_496x600.jpg
    twistupdo3_496x600.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 43
Oh, that's LOVELY!!!

I wear my twists up like that often - I do take mine down nightly, now, but before I would just put a scarf on, and go to bed like that - I always thought mine looked best around day 3, or so. :lol: I wear them for a week, straight.

Anherica, I agree with everyone and your hubby, that's a beautiful updo. How are you keeping the twists up?

Thanks so much for the compliments! You all have me over here just grinning. :grin:

Anherica, I agree with everyone and your hubby, that's a beautiful updo. How are you keeping the twists up?
Nonie, they're pinned up with about a trillion bobby pins. :lachen:Hence, the reluctance to take it all down every day. I was actually inspired by this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqQAs4RDqY It's a loc updo. Since my hair isn't long enough (yet) to just weave, I pinned it.

JustKiya, thanks for the tip. I did sleep with a satin scarf last night and it looks fine this morning. I just hope I can recreate it, when I do take it down. lol

Last edited:
I'm trying to be a little more creative with my hair. I usually wear twists, but now I've reached a stage where even when my hair is shrunken, the twists in back rub up against my clothing. I've been experimenting with updos at home, and I just did one that my husband actually complimented me on. That was a shock, so I might wear it out of the house. :yep: Believe it or not, he suggested I ask the ladies on the hair board what they thought, because they know more about these things than he does.

So ladies, what do you think? Is it okay? Any advice? Since it took me a bit of time to do it, I really don't want to take it down. So, do you take your buns/updos down every night? I was planning on taking it down every other day to moisturize. Is this a wise plan of action? Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just get some braid spray and then you won't have to take it down until you're ready? Use the spray for moisture.

Back