Ladies who use cones......

ladytq

I mainly do co-washes and I notices my hair not responding to my deep conditioners. I figure out it was the cones in my conditioner that I co-wash with that was making my deep conditioner ineffective.

SO I was wondering what shampoos you use to clarify with and how often do you clairfy? Thank ladies!

ladytq said:
I mainly do co-washes and I notices my hair not responding to my deep conditioners. I figure out it was the cones in my conditioner that I co-wash with that was making my deep conditioner ineffective.

SO I was wondering what shampoos you use to clarify with and how often do you clairfy? Thank ladies!

I just started daily co washing. But I still use shampoo 2x a wk..so on my shampoo days.. I will clarify 1st(suave daily clarifying) and then do a good dollop of regular shampoo(probably not really necessary!).. but I do it anyways... then I deep condition.

so to answer you quest. I clarify about twice a week followed by my deep conditioner treatment...and most of my rinse out conditioners that I use contain cones too.

503.png

I experienced this recently and i use Burts Bees Rosemary Mint Shampoo Bar at least once a week when i wash. Those cones will keep moisture in which is good (if u have it) but it will keep it out as well if you dont properly remove them.

*warning* your hair may feel a little funny right after using this but its just being clarified. Once the conditioner is added, its fine.

Last edited:
I just bought some Nexxus Aloe Rid to use for clarifying. It seems to work pretty well without being too drying or stripping. I use a lot of cones, so I clarify at least once per week. I wash 2-3 times per week, so it works out to be every 2nd or 3rd shampoo.

Last edited:
Thanks so for much ladies for all your help!!!! I also go the recipe for the ACV it was right under my nose!

I use KeraCare's 1st Lather. It is rather mild. I use it twice a week since I wash my hair twice. I also use Redken's Cleansing Creme. I only use it every two weeks because I do a protein treatment everytime two weeks.

ladytq said:

I've also gotten bettere results from CO-washes using conditioners without -cones. The difference is like night and day. I like to use V05 Tea Therapy Conditioner, but most, if not all, of the V05 or Suave Conditioners are -cone free. I prefer V05 however.

SohoHair said:
I've also gotten bettere results from CO-washes using conditioners without -cones. The difference is like night and day. I like to use V05 Tea Therapy Conditioner, but most, if not all, of the V05 or Suave Conditioners are -cone free. I prefer V05 however.

Oh wee thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna go head off to target, after work!

SohoHair said:

double post

Back