Ladies who texturize-Need some advice!

kitten73

I have chopped off all of my hair! I have maybe a half inch left. I think I am a 3b naturally. Okay, one half of the half inch I have left is new growth and the other is straight relaxed hair. For the past 4 days I have been slicking my hair down and although I am getting tons of compliments, it's not the look I really want. I would like it to be short and curly like the pics on the soft & beautiful texturizer box. My question is, should I wait a little longer for my hair to grow out before using a texturizer kit or is it okay to do it now? I am tired of slicking it down every morning to have it just curl up by mid day anyway. I am just afraid that the relaxed ends will stray straight. My other question is what texturizer would you recommend I use? I don't want to use a mild relaxer I want a genuine texturizer because I want a curly/wavy pattern. Please help ladies!! I want to do it tonight.

maybe if you cut of the rest of the relaxed ends, you may be able to achieve the look you want without texturizing. I would try that first because if you texturize those permed ends will just get straighter...But if you decide to texturize anyway, my sister texturizes her hair with a carefree curl kit and it looks really cute...hope this helps you out..:)

Thank you very much Thickness! I figure the tex will make the straight hair even straighter. If I cut off the relaxed ends, I will have pretty much no hair left and I am not ready for that. I probably should have done this gradually but me being fast I cut it short but not actually short enough to go straight to texturizing. I see so many kits in the BSS it is so hard to choose. I will keep Care Free in mind, that is from back in the day so I would trust it.

Kitten73, just a quick question:

If your natural hair has a fairly loose curl pattern as is suggested by the designation 3b, what is your goal in getting a texturizer? People get texturizers to loosen their curl patterns, not tighten them. In other words, the people on the texturizer box are trying to depict what happens when someone with a very tight curl pattern (say a 4b, 4a, 3c) texturizes to loosen the curl pattern. If you're already a 3b, you might end up with straight or wavy hair if you texturize. Just a head's up.

No matter what, you should probably cut off the relaxed ends before you texturize, or transition a few months to get more natural growth so you can cut them off with the natural length you want.

Back