Ladies, I need your expertise!

championgurl

Hi all :wave:

I am trying to stretch the time btwn touch-ups and at last count I was at 11 weeks. I am torn because I am seeing broken hairs in the sink than I would like, ie more than 15 hairs a day. I have been deep conditioning with a medium protein 1x a week, and moisturizing 2x a day with either S-curl & grapeseed oil combo, or UBH Creme..... I did an aphogee treatment last night and was sure to use an intense moisturising conditioner afterward, followed by Giovanni Direct leave in. I am still seeing more little hairs on my clothing than I like......... :eek: :eek:

Should I just relax it and get it over with? Perhaps my hair is too fine to be able to stretch like everybody else. :(

To the fine haired, 3c sisters, how do you do it? I recently discovered that my new Solia smooths my NG marvelously, but I don't want to cause further breakage.

Please, I need some tips/ advise.......

TIA,

CHAMPIONGURL

How are you styling your hair? Are you combing it every day? I ask becasue when I stretch, I try not to comb as much and I wear a lot of protective styles to avoid breakage. i.e baggie method.

My hair starts to do the same thing when it gets to a certain point. The best thing I would recommend you do is to cut down (I am talking about cut way down) on the combing. Also, I recommend once you reach a certain point wash once a week. Usually, I would wash 2-3 times a week about 2 weeks after my perm. Then when I am about 8-9 weeks post perm I only wash once a week (in sections). Condition wash first, then shampoo, then deep condition, leave in condition, air dry, add products, choose a style and wear it for the rest of the week.

SerenityBreeze said:
How are you styling your hair? Are you combing it every day? I ask becasue when I stretch, I try not to comb as much and I wear a lot of protective styles to avoid breakage. i.e baggie method.

Perhaps I should cut down on the combing. I just wear it in a loose pony at the back of my head, with the end tucked in after I moisturize them.

I think excessive combing may be the culprit........

championgurl said:
Hi all :wave:

I am trying to stretch the time btwn touch-ups and at last count I was at 11 weeks. I am torn because I am seeing broken hairs in the sink than I would like, ie more than 15 hairs a day. I have been deep conditioning with a medium protein 1x a week, and moisturizing 2x a day with either S-curl & grapeseed oil combo, or UBH Creme..... I did an aphogee treatment last night and was sure to use an intense moisturising conditioner afterward, followed by Giovanni Direct leave in. I am still seeing more little hairs on my clothing than I like......... :eek: :eek:

Should I just relax it and get it over with? Perhaps my hair is too fine to be able to stretch like everybody else. :(

To the fine haired, 3c sisters, how do you do it? I recently discovered that my new Solia smooths my NG marvelously, but I don't want to cause further breakage.

Please, I need some tips/ advise.......

TIA,

CHAMPIONGURL

Hi there...
Lemme offer my lil 2 cent since I've had this problem before.
The key for me is deep conditoning with heat at least 1x/wk and CO washing.

I noticed that you're using protein every week and you did a heavy protein recently...maybe that's too much for your hair(????). I started doing Nexxus Keraphix every other week and doing deep conditions (moisturizing) on the other weeks. Mid-week I do a conditioner wash that involves thorough rinsing, deep conditioning, cold water rinsing, detangling, allowing my hair to airdry 50%, then putting it in a braided bun and not taking it down until the poo 3-4 days later.

Right now, I'm about 14 weeks post, and I'm not having any breakage issues thanks to the CO washes and a good detangler.

I know that everybody suggests not manipulating the hair by cutting down on washing, but for me, the mid-week CO wash is the only method of keeping my line of demarcation moisturized and keeping breakage away.

I would experiment with holding off on the protein & combing and deep conditioning with a really moisturizing con (i.e. Nexxus Humectress, Kenra, Elucence etc etc) w/ EVOO added.

HTH :look:

Back