Ladies, I have a great idea!!!

SexySin985

Well in my head I think it's a great idea:look:

I know there are a lot of challenges getting ready to end being that we are approaching the end of the year. And those challenges are all great as you have a group of people there to motivate you to achieve your goal. But for 2013 I think it would be a good idea to partner up and have a "Hair Buddy":yep:

I think when you partner up with another person or two it REALLY pushes you to stay on top of your regimen as oppose to being in a large group where one could easily get lost in the shuffle especially if they do not post much. Having a Hair Buddy would give you some one specifically to talk to about your regimen, trade tips, offer support, share your frustration, etc.

If something like this is already going on please let me know as I do not come on the hair forum much.

I think thats an EXCELLENT IDEA! I suggested the same thing in the Hair Growth/Weight Loss Challenge. I partnered up with a fellow challenger and I couldn't be happier. She's so inspiring and motivated with both hair and fitness :yay:.

Also, I know us relax ladies have a Relaxed Hair Buddy thread. I see that your natural, so I don't know if you have one, but if not you should definitely start one :yep:.

I really like this idea a lot also. I would love a buddy/partner who is working on staying or getting fit and a hair goal. Right now I'm working towards BSL by the end of 2013.

I too would like a hair buddy. I am about 5 months into my transition (#2) and a buddy is just what I need to stay encouraged to the end.

Love this idea OP … I would like a hair buddy too!!!

Type 4, fine strand, natural right here … APL now, trying hella hard to get to BSL ASAP.

Last edited:
Great idea OP! I would love a hair buddy. I'm NL in back/ EL on crown natural fine 3b/c and my goal by end of 2013 is at least close to APL. Also to be 50 lbs lighter on my 100 lb loss goal.

If you're relaxed and want a hair buddy, here is the thread for it:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=606681&highlight=relaxed+hair+buddy

My hair buddy and I are both APL and trying desperately to get to BSL like yesterday!! It is great encouragement for our hair efforts and we usually end up relaxing around the same time, between 10 & 13 weeks. I will see if there is one for the natural hair, also if you look in the Health & Fitness thread under the "other forums" like you should be able to find fitness buddy. I don't have a fitness buddy as of yet, but I am in the Hair Growth & Weight loss 2013 challenge....will be back with that thread link also!

Hope that helps you!

Hair Growth & Weight Loss 2013 here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=655149

Thankx for the response ladies!

So I guess we can just post our hair stats and what we are looking for and pair up form there. Make sure to come back and edit your post once you are "taken" to let us know.

I am still looking to be 'taken' ... anyone else have natural hair, type 4, with fine strands??? Let's get this thang poppin' ...

I would like a hair buddy. I'm newly natural, and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I have mostly 4b hair that is fine.

I would like a hair buddy. I'm newly natural, and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I have mostly 4b hair that is fine.

I wonder if we are allowed to work in trios ... hummm. :look: If there aren't any, hopefully OP will let us bend the rules so we can link up. :yep:

**dashes off to work ...**

Yesss!! Thank you girlfriend ... if I don't hit you back on the PM, it's because I am at work and people are watching. :)

:lol: no worries - whenever you get a chance. for now, i saw your goal for 2013 is WL!! :yep: Mine is full APL so let's get there togetha! What's your current reggie?

btw, thanks OP! excellent idea

eta: i am down for the trio as well ...side note, i don't know why that no matter how innocuous the intent behind that statement, it still sounds dirty :lachen:

Last edited:
NaturalfienD said:
I wonder if we are allowed to work in trios ... hummm. :look: If there aren't any, hopefully OP will let us bend the rules so we can link up. :yep:

**dashes off to work ...**

That sounds like a plan!

Y does this feel like online dating :giggle:

I'm natural 6 months post BC. current hair length TWA (about 4 inches) 2013 goal length 9 inches (want to retain 5 inches in 2013) I like long walks in the park....

HairPleezeGrow, are you still looking for a buddy? We have the same current hair length and body goals.

I'm NL at the nape and sides, EL in crown. I don't know how to classify my hair, but I think it might be 4a.

For next year, the only challenge I think that I'm going to join is the No Heat for a year and ultimate protective styling.

HairPleezeGrow, are you still looking for a buddy? We have the same current hair length and body goals.

I'm NL at the nape and sides, EL in crown. I don't know how to classify my hair, but I think it might be 4a.

For next year, the only challenge I think that I'm going to join is the No Heat for a year and ultimate protective styling.

Yay! Yes I am...this is going to be so great :)

I think this is a wonderful idea. I am looking for a natural hair buddy. I have 4b/4c natural hair. I am trying to nail my hair regimen. I am have not fully reached shoulder length yet but I am trying to to reach full mbl by the end of 2013.

oooh thats a great idea!!

i would like a buddy. i am natural and just about apl at the back and my hair in the front falls just under my bottom lip. i dont know how to class my hair in terms of density, as for curl pattern when i examine my shed hair its usually very tightly coiled or has no curl pattern at all.

my goals are to nail a regimen, grow out my edges (both temples) and crown which is shorter than the rest of my hair. i also want to hit full apl and eventually bsl in 2013.

(excuse the constant use of small letters i am using my phone and changing each time i start a new sentence is very cumbersome)

Prettycoach said:
I think this is a wonderful idea. I am looking for a natural hair buddy. I have 4b/4c natural hair. I am trying to nail my hair regimen. I am have not fully reached shoulder length yet but I am trying to to reach full mbl by the end of 2013.

If you want to buddies that would be great I'm 4b/c and I'm cbl pm if your interested!!!

Thanks for the intrest ladies.

And yes I think its a good to do it with 3 or even 4 people.

yaya24 You sound perfect for me! I'm a fine 4a/b natual. I've been natural since July 2009 and my hair health was going great post BC but within the last year I've gotten so lazy. I am aim for full APL/BSL for 2013

Last edited:
Back