Ladies...A Question I just could not answer!

hairfanatic

I spoke to my god daughter last night and we were discussing her hair. Her mother put a relaxer in it and it's breaking off really bad. She loves my hair and told me "If my mother will let me cut it, my hair will grow back wavy". I asked her how did she know. Get this ladies... "She said Nanna, because of the hair on my vagina...it's wavy, so my hair will be wavy too. Isn't that right Nanna"? I started laughing and asked her why she thought this and she said, "If the hair on your vagina has never been relaxed then that is the grade of your real hair, isn't it Nanna?

Ladies, I couldn't even give her an honest answer because with that question...I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! I got in the shower this morning and started looking at my own hairs to see what grade they are /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I had to laugh at my own self! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm definately going to have to find out the answer to her question because this girl don't let me miss a thing and hangs on to my every word and I don't want to ever give her the wrong information.

Girl, how old is she???????? That is too funny. I think(THINK) that pubic hairs are more coarse than head hair. I don't think the two textures are similar.

I think there may be a smidgen of truth to this theory. I really can't go into detail b/c of the nature of the board, but there is a correlation between you body hair and your scalp hair.

Hmmmm - well I don't think the two are the same (but I don't think I can articulately explain why to be honest....)

The only way I can illustrate is to give an example. Most of us here are old enough to have had a sexual experience (and if you're not - move on the the wrapping thead young-un! LOL! Just kidding. I won't be too graphic...). If you have had the opportunity to have a look at male pubic hair and you consider that at least in MY experience on males the hair down below is often striaghter in texture than that on their heads then one can make an argument that there is some difference - although the whys and wherefores I couldn't hope to begin to guess about.

I know my hair down there is straighter (because I've often why wondered why and how it was) and I know that any pubies I've seen that it's alkways been this way. The texture is often slightly straighter.

In people with light hair there is even sometimes a difference in color. I dated a red head (he was Irish) who had blond pubic hair....that kind of difference makes me wonder if there isn't some factor down below that changes texture and color...

Just a VERY sketchy theory based on what I've seen.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't know the chemistry of it all but pubic hair is different. When someone is murdered, they can always tell pubic hair from hair on the head because it has a special texture characteristic.

Thank you ladies for your replies on this. I still haven't done my Internet research but as soon as I do, I will let you know my findings.

Hairfanatic,

My best guess would be one has nothing to do with the other. The reason may likely be the particular gland system.

I remember telling you about what my doc had told me about the hair at the temples and nape versus the rest of the hair on the head. Generally, the hair is finer there because of the influence of two different gland systems.

I don't know about some of you all, but the hair on my body is different all over. I mean the hair on my eyebrows is not like the hair on my legs, and certainly not like the hair under my arms or "down South."

Cheers,

Jade

P.S. Hairfanatic, one of the wildest questions I received in an email was the effect of silica "down South." The lady wondered what was going on because the hair there was suddenly "quite shiny."

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
My best guess would be one has nothing to do with the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm starting to realize. It's funny though because it's a question, I never thought about.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I remember telling you about what my doc had told me about the hair at the temples and nape versus the rest of the hair on the head. Generally, the hair is finer there because of the influence of two different gland systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did? Where was I out to lunch? /images/graemlins/grin.gif I definately don't remember this one.

Back