Know a great haircolor for relaxed hair?

MsNastassja

My mother has relaxed hair, and she's looking for a good haircolor that won't tear out her hair. Her hair as gotten very thin, probably a bad combination of a hairdresser who doesn't seem to know what she's doing (and personally I don't like her *that* much...), and a harsh haircolor. She used "Bigen" semi-permanent. And before that she had used "Nice and Easy" or something like that. So if anyone has any suggestions then please help me. She needs something that can cover gray. Her hair is really damaged from all the chemicals. I suggested going natural (like me, yay!) but she just looked at me like I was crazy. So help me out someone. Thanks!

I think she should stick to rinses until her hair health improves. Like Adore rinses or Sebastian Cellophanes. These will seal the cuticle and not cause any harm. I've heard though that they don't cover gray very well. So if you wanna try something a little harsher then the just 5 minutes hair dye works really well and doesn't seem to damage my mom's hair.

Among other things my mom need to get a new hair dresser. (yeah it my mom by the way with the question) Ok so I tell her to get her hairdresser to use a lye relaxer in her hair. I sent my mom off with directions and everything (Affirm lye regular, 5-1 reconstuctor the works) Lo and behold she comes back and the heifer put REVLON relaxer in my mom's hair. Now, what part of Affirm didnt the lady understand who knows. It damaged my mom's hair so much. If you look at my http://public.fotki.com/MsKibibi/ (pw:queenkibibi) you will see that both my sister and I have pretty healthy hair genes. So for my mom's hair to get unhealthy and thin is crazy. She takes such pride in doing her hair and others, after all she got my sister and my hair very healthy and long. BUT she also has "hairdresser infidelity fear" its like she thinks she's cheating on her hair dresser by going to someone else. I'm trying to convince her otherwise but instead she want to ask her current SHS (by the way) to buy the stuff I recommended. You'll pray for us (my sister and I) it's like pulling teeth with mom sometimes. But hopefully she'll come around when she see that the SHS is actually pulling out her hair.

Today I was looking at our (as in MsKibibi and I) mom's new growth and it was soooooo soft. She really should go natural. She told me that when she was younger her hair was like mine but just naturally very soft. I have my dad's thick and rough hair gene in me. I should convince her to go natural. I think I'll slowly brainwash her to believe its better. Like how most people with relaxed hair have been slowly (or maybe even not that slowly) brainwashed to believe that their hair had to be "fixed" in some way... (looks around innocently - I'm not implying anything!)

Back