Kirk Franklin speaks on Kanye West new album titled "Yeezus"

....... There is another video where he was asked about homosexuality in an interview. He danced all around that question - never really taking a clear position just as he has done in this case.
I agree with your post, momi.

If he doesn't want to use the microphone, then he just need to sing, that's all.:nono:

Lol. Maybe you should relax. No reason to use all caps, hun. Kanye West is putting his music out publicly and corrupting the youth with an anti-Christ attitude but we are supposed to sit and speak privately to save a man blaspheming Jesus Christ publicly??? What about the youth and the people who need to hear someone stand up publicly and say that it's blasphemy? We're worried about saving Kanye while he's influencing an entire generation of young people? I'm not worried about coming off as crazy... Nor am I seeking to be accepted by the world. If Kirk is going to mention Kanye 's music publicly and draw attention to it don't then turn and try to speak to him privately. Call it what it is for all who are being affected by it and Kanye as well. That's why he can feel comfortable blaspheming Jesus Christ, he doesn't take the Lord seriously. I'm not even sure what that last part is about. What sociopath is lying about you?
At the bolded.........:yep::yep::yep:

The main focus is Kirk Franklin, not Yolanda Adams. Things get messy when focus is lost. Public blasting is not as impactful. I am still curious as to if you had the influence and level of fame--what would you do? People tend to talk from their realm of influence and the ones who publicly blast them are oftentimes are not respected by them.

Think about if you did something would you like to be publicly blasted from the pulpit or approached privately. How would you feel and would you be prompted to change? We are trying to come up with a solution that could be recommended for Kirk Franklin to approach the situation...because maybe he can receive a letter on how to approach it.

I had no intention of derailing the thread - but I can see how my Yolanda Adams comment may have done so.

To answer your question - I pray that I'd have enough courage to address the question as Paul did on Mars Hill.

Acts 17:

22So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects.23“For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you.24“The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;25nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;26and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,27that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;28for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’29“Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.30“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,31because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

I believe Kirk could have made a case for the faith without even using Kanye as an example. The question was asked, so Kirk was given an open door and an opportunity to walk through it. Maybe it would not have caused Kanye to repent and call on The Lord, but there are many more who may have.

I had no intention of derailing the thread - but I can see how my Yolanda Adams comment may have done so.

To answer your question - I pray that I'd have enough courage to address the question as Paul did on Mars Hill.

Acts 17:

22So Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects.23“For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you.24“The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;25nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;26and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,27that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;28for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’29“Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man.30“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,31because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

I believe Kirk could have made a case for the faith without even using Kanye as an example. The question was asked, so Kirk was given an open door and an opportunity to walk through it. Maybe it would not have caused Kanye to repent and call on The Lord, but there are many more who may have.

A secular person commented on not being comfortable with Kanye's recent actions. Plus, there are other outlets that think he's gone too far...I don't know how many people are signing up to read are reading the Christian Post that are secular--but that's something else. He's not the only one that needs to be targeted but also the record company for permitting him to call his album that. We'll see how album sales do---he's not the only person that we need to be alert about...There's so much going on...

Personally, I think that Kanye is headed for disaster. He always looks so sad and needs to accept Jesus Christ before it is too late.

Kirk Franklin should either sing for the Lord or sing secular music. It's like he is trying to sit at the Lord's table and the table of the devil.

Please don't attack me, that is just how I see it.

Blessings to you all.

Personally, I think that Kanye is headed for disaster. He always looks so sad and needs to accept Jesus Christ before it is too late.

Kirk Franklin should either sing for the Lord or sing secular music. It's like he is trying to sit at the Lord's table and the table of the devil.

Blessings to you all.
Your post is on point!

I know one thing, you better not get attacked for your post...that's all I have to say about that!!!

God bless you too, sis!

Last edited:

Blessings to you all.

mensa....

You are speaking God's Word pure and clear up in here...

You are saying what Jesus said:

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matthew 6:24)

Now I pity the fool who would dare attack you or Jesus just for telling the truth.

I can't see anyone protecting 'Pink Lips' on a man, just cause he can 'holla' a little song called "GP" and Stomp".

That's Old ... plus we were stomping :happydance: devils heads long before that song that he made into a worldly hit.

Yall' may as well call the 'Po' Po' on me cause I done called Kirk, Pink Lips :look:

@mensa....

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Matthew 6:24)

Now I pity the fool who would dare attack you or Jesus just for telling the truth.

I can't see anyone protecting 'Pink Lips' on a man, just cause he can 'holla' a little song called "GP" and Stomp".

That's Old ... plus we were stomping :happydance: devils heads long before that song that he made into a worldly hit.

Yall' may as well call the 'Po' Po' on me cause I done called Kirk, Pink Lips :look:

Pink Lips... I'm sorry but that's a crying shame. :nono:

Also, I see him constantly in the media but rarely see his wife. I think that is rather strange.

My main issues with that interview were firstly his somewhat problematic interpretation of John 4 (the woman at the well). Secondly, we heard a lot of his opinion based on that, a faulty hermeneutic.

I appreciate Kirk Franklin's openness regarding his struggles with sin. Don't all of us in some way? He's right that we shouldn't attack sinners but that doesn't mean that it's loving NOT to gracefully speak the truth and warn people of the wrath to come.

@mensa....

Shimmie, I can't with you....I read some of the stuff in the other thread and my stomach hurts. I keeping my word of seeking solutions only and staying out of this....:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
What about people who name their children Jesus (pronounced the Spanish way) or Jesu. I personally think that they are really nice names.

I think that Kanye is probably going through his own personal and spiritual battle. Some of his songs can attest to that.

Where is the Biblical basis for your views? Are we forgetting that Paul called people out all the time? What about Galatians and the fact that he withstood Peter to his face in front of everyone because he was to be blamed. See, this mindset about talking in private doesn't come from the Bible. The Bible says to rebuke before all so that others will see. Rebuke is supposed to make a person see themselves and repent but now people are so proud they don't feel anyone has that authority. Its the devil who loves things to be done in private. I am not talking about ignorantly embarrassing people but following Biblical order. If you do it publicly it should be rebuked before all the Bible says. After Paul rebuked Peter in front of everyone because his hypocrisy caused others to sin, Peter couldn't argue with it. Seemed to have impact if you ask me.

The reason people don't want to be corrected is because of rebellion. No Godly person is seeking fame. When people tried to set Jesus up in this world he always avoided it.

All this "Lord give me a platform to affect people" is a lie. God doesn't operate that way.

So its not a fair question to ask about what someone would do if they had a platform.

The devil runs the media and in order to have worldly influence you have to play by his rules. That's why Kirk can't take a stand for the truth of Jesus Christ

MrsHaseeb... :up: On Point! On Point! On Point! :up:

Woman 'Thou art Loosed' with the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.'

Thank you for confirming momi's post. :yep:

I'm just catching up with the posts in this thread that I've missed and both posts of you and momi are standing firm on God's Word. The two of you are speaking the truth regarding Kirk and his compromise with the world. Kids are watching them and not taking God seriously.

I've seen Kirk Franklin in Ministry and he has a tremendous impact upon young children, teens and young adults. I've seen him witness a good word, so there's no excuse for him to forsake this when he's in worldly settings.

Sin is sin and Kanye is sinning and Kirk needs to put that out there. Kanye is just another 'hood dude' who is a nationally known 'baby daddy' and Kim K is his baby mama and he has abandoned her (90% of the time, he is not with her and the media is having a flurry with this... another Black dead beat dad, not married to the mother. He has nothing positive to share to any youth group to follow. There's nothing great about him for anyone to follow. :nono:

But Kirk (and you said this so well that the media is run by the devil and folks have to play by his rules) and this is what Kirk Franklin is doing instead of taking a stand against it. :nono:

Back