KeraCare OR NExxus

caramelty

HEy ladies I have been gone from the boards for awhile school is killing me seriously. I just looked at my hair and it is JACKED back UP! I haven't been into the hair thing lately and my hair has paid the price for it. I had to get it cut back up to shoulder length last time I was at the shop b/c I had that much breakage. I am about to get back on track and I want to stick with one product line. Which one do you ladies think is best? KERACARE or NEXXUS?

Neither! The only nexxus I use is the oil, I tried a conditioner a couple of years ago and it left my hair harder than post-aphogee treatment! My last hairdresser was using solely keracare on my hair and that was just as bad.

I don't think it's good to stick to one line exclusively as there are loads of better and cheaper brands out there that you can mix in. If you're willing to shell out I find the aveda line very good for my hair but I also mix and match. For example my main shampoo is the aveda sapmoss as is my main conditioner. For clarifying I use nexxus aloerid (which does make my hair feel awful, but thats the point of clarifying). For deep conditioning I've started to use MNT and for daily moisture I use infusium23 leave in, elasta qp mango butter and I've just made my own unrefined shea butter mix. Aveda also have some good heat protectants and finishing products, they'll probably set you back a bit more than keracare and maybe nexxus but you dont need to use much of them. HTH

it all depends. the nexxus line works well for me (therappe, humectress, headress, botanic oil). but it's not going to work others. only trial and error can get ya the best combination.

You know what I was going to put Aveda into that mix also. My best friend who does hair down in ATL told me to use Aveda. I have some thick, nappy, dry and brittle hair and she told me that would help my hair out.

It depends on what your hair likes and needs. Some lines are silicone based while some lines are oil based.
If your hair is fine its best to stay away from oil base or silicone based lines and stick with herbal lines.
If your hair is thick and coarse its best to go with silicone or oil based lines.
Thats the general rule but that is not always the case though

caramelty said:
You know what I was going to put Aveda into that mix also. My best friend who does hair down in ATL told me to use Aveda. I have some thick, nappy, dry and brittle hair and she told me that would help my hair out.

Caramelty, which Aveda products does your friend recommend?

Personally if I *had* to stick with either two, I would mix these for a regimen. Just my personal experience with them. I am a 4a/b by the way

Keracare Detangling and First Lather Shampoo

Nexxus Humectress for conditioner

Nexxus Keraphix for light protein

Nexxus Humectress as leave in

and Keracare Reconstructor for heavy protein.

Keracare's styling product never worked for me and I hate to give suggestions to stuff I didn't like so I won't suggest them.

I think it's hard to stick to just one line. For example, I love Nexxus Therappe and Humectress, but my favorite Leave-in is the KeraCare Silken Seal. Both are good lines, but I don't think it's bad ot mix and match.

I would go with wich brand had the most products of things to choose from, like when i was trying to stick to one brand i used something tht i really liked, and wanted to use the entire brand but realized they only had like 3 things, so i liked keracare just as much and went with them because they had more to offer as far as shampoos and styling products ect. and just use other things sometimes to give my routine a spice or my hair something different

Thanks ladies I just went on my lunch break and brought Tigi Bed Head--Chocolate head,Ego Boost,Moisture Maniac shampoo and conditioner. I will see how this line holds me down. Tonight I am going to do a deep condition with a heating cap, clip my ends and put the ego boost on and braid my hair up for a curly sew in that I will do tonight.

MizaniMami said:
Personally if I *had* to stick with either two, I would mix these for a regimen. Just my personal experience with them. I am a 4a/b by the way

Keracare Detangling and First Lather Shampoo

Nexxus Humectress for conditioner

Nexxus Keraphix for light protein

Nexxus Humectress as leave in

and Keracare Reconstructor for heavy protein.

Keracare's styling product never worked for me and I hate to give suggestions to stuff I didn't like so I won't suggest them.

I agree with this prescription as well.

My hair loves Keracare and really thrives when I use it. I stopped being a pj and went back to what works. My hair hated Nexxus and I have to give all my products away.:mad:

Back