Keracare Model and Hair: Ugghh Is That Natural?

TrustMeLove

So I am in search of high end products for my natural 4A hair. I've seen some of you mention Keracare. So I head to the website and this is the model on the page....Check it out.

http://www.avlon.com/keracare.html

Doesn't the model look anatomically in correct. Something about the PS is just wrong AND her hair looks like a WEAVE.

Is it right for hair care companies to mislead us with models wearing weaves? Is this fair game?

Also what products from this line do you use?

Whhhooooowwweeeee.

Airbrushed like a MUG. Her arms look like a barbie doll, and that hair was electronically put on her shoulders - you can danngone near see the 'smudge' line between the ends of her hair and her skin. :nono:

Actaully, I don't know. The whole picture could be CGI - it almost looks like a still shot from a GOOD video game, and they just merged in a real full wig - esp. the clothes.

*sigh*

Advertisers are liars, though, tis the name of the game.

Sorry, I was all distracted by the picture - I don't use Keracare at all. *slinks out of the thread*

Last edited:
So I am in search of high end products for my natural 4A hair. I've seen some of you mention Keracare. So I head to the website and this is the model on the page....Check it out.

http://www.avlon.com/keracare.html

Doesn't the model look anatomically in correct. Something about the PS is just wrong AND her hair looks like a WEAVE.

Is it right for hair care companies to mislead us with models wearing weaves? Is this fair game?

Also what products from this line do you use?

Looks like they retouched the photo but it looks fake to me.:perplexed

Whhhooooowwweeeee.

Airbrushed like a MUG. Her arms look like a barbie doll, and that hair was electronically put on her shoulders - you can danngone near see the 'smudge' line between the ends of her hair and her skin. :nono:

Actaully, I don't know. The whole picture could be CGI - it almost looks like a still shot from a GOOD video game, and they just merged in a real full wig.

*sigh*

Advertisers are liars, though, tis the name of the game.

Sorry, I was all distracted by the picture - I don't use Keracare at all. *slinks out of the thread*

Dangone you beat me to the punch! LOL. I was going to say it looked like someone "cut and pasted" that hurr on her face (not her head, on her face) :lachen:

It is obvious that her pictures have been airbrushed and altered. Look at her waist line - some of that has been chopped off.

But, her hair does not necessarily look like a weave to me. Especially for her hair type.

But I don't have a good weave-dar either.

I was told by marketing manager Avlon Industries that was professional model real hair. It look like a big ole weave to me also.

Keracare Products use

Humecto
Silken Seal
Hydrating Shampoo
LeaveIn Conditioner
hairdress (Use every blue moon prefer ORS in jar)
Moisturizing Oil(Maybe to heavyhanded but will pass)

Her boobs and waist look very oddly shaped. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Ya know? And if they are a hair company, and are OBVIOUSLY meddling with her body like that - (gives Keracare's marketing dept. the *eye*) - I seriously doubt that they didn't meddle with the hair, as well.

:lachen:

Or maybe the model had PERFECT hair but a 'non-model' body? Urmph. :ohwell:

Ya know? And if they are a hair company, and are OBVIOUSLY meddling with her body like that - (gives Keracare's marketing dept. the *eye*) - I seriously doubt that they didn't meddle with the hair, as well.

Or maybe the model had PERFECT hair but a 'non-model' body? Urmph. :ohwell:

:lachen::lachen: You are on a roll tonight!

:lachen: Y'all are hilarious. But for real, the photo is not right. :nono: No wonder we all jacked up about how we're supposed to look. Look at her non-waist! The hair looks fake even to me, and I suck at detecting fake hair. I mean, it makes it look like they couldn't find someone whose hair actually looked good from using their products, which is the opposite message they want to send. But I don't know, I do suck at detecting fake hair, maybe her hair is ultra thick and perfect and their photo editor just really loves having fun on Photoshop??

I don't understand what's so hard to believe about an 18 inch waist, spindly arms, and about two heads worth of perfect barrel curls? Ya'll are just hating because she has Indian in her.

:rolleyes:

From the neck down, she looks like a department store mannequin. I'm not sure what to say about the hair.

That looks like a 1b / 27 BSS wig, with some edges out...and a cut and paste body. That might be 3 different people in that photo.... :look:

Girl got skills. You should apply! At least yours looks more realistic and it's animated. It doesn't look like a Stepford wife either :look:

Last edited:
That has to be THE most obvious Photoshop job I've ever laid my eyes on. The only thing real in the picture is that girls face

I hate when companies false advertise like this. Like those mascara commercials......Them tramps know damn well they have on 2 inch long fake lashes. Walkin around and battin their eyes like that funky mascara made their eyelashes look like that :rolleyes:

KERACARE:
1) Color-Treated Shampoo & Conditioner
2) Dry & Itchy Shampoo & Conditioner
3) Leave-In Conditioner
4) Silken Seal
5) Oil Sheen
6) Dry & Itchy Glossifier
7) Creme Press
8) Conditioner Creme Hairdress

I Think all there models look animated: if Macherieamour sent in a photo and they used her as a model: i think maybe her picture would look the same way

Isn't this the company that says in all of their print ads that their models don't wear extensions or hair weaves?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Her body does looked badly photoshopped. IMHO She looks to be indian or something so that could be her hair.

I don't really care for the KeraCare products I've tried.
The only one I like is the CreamPress. That stuff is wonderful.

Thumbs down to the Cream Hairdress and one of the shampoos. ( don't remember which it was.)

Look again. I think the entire body part is fake. There is a NOTICEABLE difference between the arms body and face. I looks like they may have CGIed the head on. *tisk tisk*

The first time I saw her picture I thought she looked fake too. But all of the Keracare model pictures look like that. There is a girl from Canada who models for them, and they make her picture look animated as well. But I've seen other pictures of her and it doesn't look like they did a touch up. Also I do not believe the girl in that picture is black. Keracare also uses, white and asian models, just anyone with big beautiful salon hair. I think they want the unreal look so that it gives you a sense of "aw" when you look at their hair. (The body might be fake though, I won't like, it looks funny).

Back