Which is the better moisturizing DC?

• Kenra MC

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Redken All Soft HC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GraceV

Hi Ladies. I'm mostly a lurker on this part of LHCF but I need your input. I figured a poll would be quick and easy.

I have the protein part of my regimen down pat. I need a really good moisturizing DC to alternate with my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. I got the Redken All Soft Heavy cream yesterday (haven't used it) but I haven't been able to find enough good reviews on it. Kenra MC seems to be a rave. I'm thinking of heading back to ULTA and exchanging it for the Kenra. Yea or nay? Thanks!

It would be kind of hard to gauge as they are both good products...I would recommend that you try the All Soft and if u don't like it - then return it. At least give it a try

It would be kind of hard to gauge as they are both good products...I would recommend that you try the All Soft and if u don't like it - then return it. At least give it a try

Great idea. I tend to feel guilty about returning used stuff but I guess what you suggested is the best option. Thank you!

ETA: I went ahead and tried the All Soft (thank you Sqzbly1908), and I figured I would do a mini review since there's not much info on the product here.

Last edited:
Mini-Review:
I LOVED the All Soft Heavy cream. I am 3 months post-relaxer today (4z, texlaxed almost APL) and this is the first time I've been able to pull my shower comb through my hair with much less shedding or loss of hair than I am used to at this stage of my stretch. I've simply never been able to 'comb' my hair at 12 weeks post.

I did my hair in the shower. I washed with CON green label, followed with the All Soft and covered with a shower cap which I left on while I showered. Rinsed out my hair after about 5 minutes, towel blotted and used NTM silk touch, sealed with a mixture of EVCO and EVOO. Air dried. I used the comb on about 50% dry hair. My hair feels GREAT!

The Heavy cream does not have too much slip-- it has just enough to where your hair feels sort of silky but not coated. The bigger test is usually how the hair feels when dry. They didn't lie: SOFT! I'm not sure how best to explain it but the comb glides through the hair easily not because of 'slip' (hair sliding over hair) but rather because the hair becomes very soft. I can see this product leading to moisture overload for hair that responds like mine did.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the fragrance. I love 'perfumey' DCs and this one smells pretty ordinary. Nothing remarkable. The smell didn't linger-- as my hair smells more like CON than the DC.

Some love it, some hate it; overall, the HC is a great product for me. It's definitely a keeper.

never tried kenra but i loooovvveee all soft.

a great cheapie option is loreal vive pro hydra gloss for very dry hair.

Back