Just did My 1st Roller Set - How Long Does it Usually take to Airdry?

jainygirl

I finished setting my hair for the first time EVER. It's no work of art, but not tres bad either /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I followed the directions at the link someone gave on "How to Do A Rollerset". I have no idea what it's gonna come out looking like. I'm just shocked that i actually wet set my own hair and the rollers are firm and not slack /images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Anywho, i'm airdrying and wanted to find out how many hours it takes others to airdry with a rollerset? Thanks y'all. I know right...i swore that i would never get this right and that i was forsaking airdrying, yet here i am with my 1st little creation. Thanks everyone. -- jainygirl

for me overnight. if i finish at 10pm, in the morning it is completely dry so long as i do not use a liquid leave in but a creamy one.

for me overnight. if i finish at 10pm, in the morning it is completely dry so long as i do not use a liquid leave in but a creamy one.

My advice is to get a hooded or soft bonnet dryer if you're going to be roller setting more often or to do it earlier in the day so you don't have to sleep in it (which may also have its problems)

Thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif i usually do a 2am bedtime on friday so i'll check a few of them before bed (hoping it's dry by then) If not then on to sleeping on my face i go /images/graemlins/rofl.gif -- jainygirl

My hair airdries really quick when it's in rollers, like maybe 3-4 hours. I dont know whats up with that, it just does.

Jainygirl,

What products did you use and what roller size? Just curious.

I've only partially air-dried my roller sets, you know I get tired of sitting under the dryer all that time.

PrettyBrownEyes, I used the grey rollers by Marianna. For setting i used Elasta QP Silk (liquid spray) and kept my ends from getting dry by misting them with water before putting each roller in. -- jainygirl

Back