July 24,25,26 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lovely Lovlies! The last full Weekend of July.:hiya:

So What Are YOU Doing this Weekend To Keep Those Lovely Locs from getting fried & feeling parched in this Heat?:sunshine:

Time to Beautify and Baby those Gorgeous Strands.

Pre-poo - virgin coconut oil & rosemary & ginger essential oils
Shampoo - Tresemme moisturising shampoo
Protein - Joico Kpak reconstructor
Moisture - APB deep conditioner

Apply leave ins, blow dry & straighten with Redken smooth down heat glide.

Pre Poo: Hot Oil treatment with EVOO
Shampoo:Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo
Condition: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Deep Condition: Manuka Honey Moisture Masque
Leave Ins:CHI heat protectant, Tresemme heat protectant, and CON heat serum
Blow Dry, flat twists with Organix quenching coconut hair butter and seal with neem oil.

I'll be making (and using) a batch of soap nut shampoo. This cleanse feels different from a mud wash.

Also, a couple of week's ago I tried Acure Organics' hair mask moisturizing root repair argan stem cell + mint deep conditioning. As a result I have experienced some intense root-to-tip curling. I will continue using this every weekend.

Last edited:
Rocking a chunky flat twist out on stretched hair (with curlformers) for the weekend. On Sunday, I will try and see if a heavy reconstructor can help some of my heat damage (blood is BOILING just typing that). :burnup:

Clarify with SM JBCO shampoo
Keracare Reconstructor (haven't used it since my relaxed days)
DC with Bee Mine DC
Apply leave-ins: ST Sorrell Kink Drink, Oyin and Marula Maru
Put hair in medium sized twists and put them in a top knot bun.

I don't plan on applying heat to my hair until next year. Putting myself on a no-heat restriction for at least 6 months, but aiming for a year.

Rocking a chunky flat twist out on stretched hair (with curlformers) for the weekend. On Sunday, I will try and see if a heavy reconstructor can help some of my heat damage (blood is BOILING just typing that). :burnup:

DC with Bee Mine DC

I don't plan on applying heat to my hair until next year. Putting myself on a no-heat restriction for at least 6 months, but aiming for a year.

Sorry to hear about your heat damage :-\
How do you like the kink drink?

Tomorrow a.m.
Pre-Rx with BoBeam's Deep Conditioning Hair Crème (can be used as a Pre-Poo)
Cowash with: SSI's Pomegranate
Treat with: Cathy Howse UBH (under dryer for 20 minutes)
Steam with: Mission:Condition's Honey & Marshmallow DC'er
Apply Leave in: ST'icals Sorrel, BBD Stretch & Dry under Dryer
After Drying: ???????

Detangle with Tropic Isle Living Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil, SM Coconut Hibiscus Moisture & Shine + SM Kids Detangling conditioner mix

Cleanse with soap bar scraps - Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus+ Burt's Bees Rosemary Mint+ LUSH Trichomania+ Swastik Shikaikai

Deep Condition with Aubrey Organics White Camelia (new formula)+ California Baby Calendula conditioner mix & hemp, neem+ neelibrigahdi oil mix

Final Rinse with Wiseways Herbals Roots Herbal Hair Tonic

Style in 12 twists with Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner, Tropic Isle JBCO (on scalp), Oyin Handmade Boing + Eden BodyWork's Curl Defining Créme

Last edited:

DC with Bee Mine DC

Aw man, I'm sorry about the heat damage. I thought you only had a small section that you cut off? @AgeinATL

DC with Bee Mine DC

@AgeinATL I'm sorry you got heat damage...Setbacks are a :censored:

Pre poo: Coconut oil & GVP tea tree conditioner
Cleanse: Carols Daughter marula cleaner
Rinse out: Elucence conditioner
Deep conditioner: Carols Daugter Marula mask
M/S: Carols Daughter marula styling lotion

Put in 4 braids to air dry overnight..will M/S again tomorrow afternoon before braiding it up for the week under one of my wigs.

Just washed my hair. Deep conditioning with cholestorol from proclaim. It's not bad. Going to revisit the gel that basically started my entire natural hair journey: LA looks, sport gel. I bought it when I just started, did not like it. Giving it another chance, 5 years later.

Wash/(scalp treatment): SM Purification Masque (with heat)
DC: SM Superfruit 10n1Masque (with heat)
Leave In: SM Superfruit Conditioner
Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard & Ecostyler Olive Oil
Style: Bun for the week

Aw man, I'm sorry about the heat damage. I thought you only had a small section that you cut off? @AgeinATL

Girl, I thought so initially, but when I washed my hair again, I had a huge section at the crown and towards the front. I didn't notice because the front is looser anyway but when I really examined it, it was a LOT looser. I swear you never think this could happen to you....famous last words..

Tomorrow a.m.
Pre-Rx with BoBeam's Deep Conditioning Hair Crème (can be used as a Pre-Poo)
Cowash with: SSI's Pomegranate
Treat with: Cathy Howse UBH (under dryer for 20 minutes)
Steam with: Mission:Condition's Honey & Marshmallow DC'er
Apply Leave in: ST'icals Sorrel, BBD Stretch & Dry under Dryer
After Drying: ???????

Decided to use Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp instead

It's already that time again! I'm going to prepoo with whatever oil I have laying around. Then shampoo and condition my non dyed hair with BeautifulTextures anti reversion products. On my dyed hair I'll use Shea Moisture Marine Complex poo and maybe Oyin Honey Hemp. Moisturize with bask Silk and Honey, CHI Silk Infusion, and blowdry

The la looks sport gel...damn. I really was not fond of this gel. It was so sticky and the smell was always to awful to me. But I have to say, my hair looks pretty good.
Usually my entire hair routine only takes 2-2.5 hrs. Since I hadn't washed in about 2 weeks it was slightly more complicated and took 3 hrs 15 min. I was using kinky curly for a while bc my deva was close to running out and I felt like I was using it wrong (deva) because I never had an easy time detangling with this. But recently I've tried washing my hair outside my shower and I gong that I feel much more in control of what's going on with my hair when my entire body isn't wet and I can see exactly what is happening. I found that deva works soooooo much better on my wet hair outside the shower when I can use a spray bottle instead of a powerful stream from my shower head to rewet. I'm going to have to do more testing to determine is my deva gel is worth the price still. I might try moco de gorilla next. Hispanic girls in high school would always tell me to try that.

Cleanse: Shea Moisture Purification Mask
DC: Naturalle Grow Thick and Rich DC
Leave In: Soultanicals Knot Sauce
Seal: Sarenzo Creamy Oil
Style: Chunky Twists with EcoStyler Gel

Okay, going to have to revamp the leave in because my hair dried white in some spots. I think it's the Soultanicals because the frosting is oiled based. Will post what I use when I decide.

Thanks riley. I just hope the reconstructor helps.

I absolutely LOVE it! During one of her next sales, be sure to get some. It has slip and adds so much moisture to the hair. Excellent to use as the 'L' in the LOC/LCO/ABCDEFG method.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back