Jul 31, Aug 2,3 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

Good morning @IDareT'sHair ! Hope you're having a wonderful summer.

I woke up EARLY this morning and did an in shower cowash and detangle with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Conditioner. Towel dried for 20 minutes. 6 flat twists with Cantu Coconut Spritz and MopTop Curly Custard. Satin covered rollers on my ends. Under the Pibbs now for 40 minutes.

Twist out for the weekend and upcoming week!

I really want to wash my hair right now but I have a dinner and dance Sunday night on a boat and I know if I keep my twists in until then it will be a banging twist out. I also know I am going to want to wash my hair Sunday after being on the boat so I have no hair plans I guess until Monday. Monday night will be a wash and retwist.

Last edited:
In preparation for hair analysis, I'll cleanse and air dry then see how much shed hair I can collect. This may take several sessions.

I'm going to dc my hairline and water rinse tonight, then apply oils, rinse, and apply gel. Wash and go, I love you.

Waiting on my wig (hasn't even been shipped yet- smh @ my eagerness).

Tomorrow:
Will use the last tiny bit of my b.a.s.k. Whiskey-Vanilla Repairative "Soak" tomorrow on dry hair
Co-Wash with SSI's Pomegranate Conditioner
Use Cathy Howse's Ultra Black Hair under dryer 20 minutes
Steam with: Mission:Condition's Honey & Marshmallow DC'er
Apply Leave-In & Dry under Dryer
After Hair Dries: ???

The third is a Monday:look:
I think I'll deep condition. I feel like dropping some serious dough on a deep conditioner. I have to go to work in the middle of the day sunday so that throws a wrench in my weekend routine. After Monday, I need to return some hair color I bought a few weeks ago. Realized that shade would look cray on me (weave or natural hair). School has me in a full nelson right now. Sigh.

Tonight:
Pre-Poo - Hair Trigger on Scalp and Coconut oil on length
Wash: Keracare Detangling Hydrating Poo
Henna: Apply Henna overnight

Tomorrow:
Cowash: V05 Moisture Milk to wash out Henna and final cowash with Claudies Mango Cream Rinse
DC: Naturelle Grow's Chamomile and Burdock Root Protein-free DC over coffee under steam
Leave-ins: Annabelle's/Vatika Frosting/Giovanni Direct
Air dry and style

Sunday is wash day for me so I will,
HOT with coconut and olive oil
Wash and condition with trader joes nourish spa
Deep condition with Silicon mix
Perm rod set with grey rods using gel and CHI silk infusion (first time doing this)
Dry under my hard top for an hour at least.

Pre-poo/Protein Treatment: Maybe make up some scalp concoction with aloe vera juice, a touch of witch hazel, coconut water, a little oil, and my Ayurvedic powders (still deciding though) & Mission Condition Hair Caramel Treatment on ends
Cleanse: LRC Complete Cleanse Shampoo
DC: still deciding because I really need to go through the fridge and see what's in there
Post-wash: LRC Shake and Go, TGIN Green Tea Leave In OR SSI Cranberry Cream OR SSI Coco Cream Leave In, and OGX Macadamia Oil Serum

Pre-poo/Protein Treatment: Maybe make up some scalp concoction with aloe vera juice, a touch of witch hazel, coconut water, a little oil, and my Ayurvedic powders (still deciding though) & Mission Condition Hair Caramel Treatment on ends
Cleanse: LRC Complete Cleanse Shampoo
DC: still deciding because I really need to go through the fridge and see what's in there
Post-wash: LRC Shake and Go, TGIN Green Tea Leave In OR SSI Cranberry Cream OR SSI Coco Cream Leave In, and OGX Macadamia Oil Serum

Finally decided on the following-

DC: Bobeam Revive (Lemongrass) Conditioner
Post-wash: LRC Shake and Go, SSI Cranberry Cream, and OGX Macadamia Oil Serum

@rileypak

Interesting to see you using LRC. I saw that last month in the "Sales Thread" but had never heard of it before?

Have you been using it or is it your 1st time? Someone posted they don't list their ingredients?

What are your thoughts? I need to look at it again.

@IDareT'sHair
I've been using LRC a while, since early last year. I use their clarifying shampoo, spray leave in, and creamy leave in.
I love all three products (although I hate the price most of the time). Just recently picked up their sulfate free moisture shampoo to try. When I get to a PC I'll review in depth what I've used.
I'm not about no $42 deep conditioner life so I have no review for The Potion because it will never be in my cart.
ETA- They don't list ingredients but I'll gladly share them for what I have if you want

Prepoo: APB Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner
Cleanse: As I Am Cleansing Pudding
DC: Naturalle Grow's Irish Moss DC and APB Green Powerhouse Oil
Leave In: Soultanicals Kink Drink, Knot Sauce
Seal/Style: Sarenzo's Creamy Oil, Air Dry in large twists

I may use my Soultanicals DC instead. I'm excited to use it!

Going to shampoo and DC tonight (watch this turns into like Tuesday or something :look: )

I guess then blowdry on cool and I have a new bun I want to try.

-CON Argan Shampooo
-Conditioner ? I wonder if Ulta still has their liter sale. I could grab something from there
-Leave ins: CON 7 n 1, Kenra Blowdry Spray, PM SSS.

Back