Joico K Pac or Nexxus Emergencee? help...

Leslie_C

After a bad salon experience a few weeks ago,Im trying to combat my hair shedding like crazy. Im assuming its shedding and breakage bc most of the hairs are long but only some have bulbs. I have Design Essentials 6 in 1 reconstructor which is supposed to stop shedding/breakage that I used about 1.5 weeks ago, it seemed to help some but not a whole whole lot. I dont know if I should stick with that and do another treatment (weekly or biweekly until it stops), or try something else like Joico K Pac or Nexuss Emergencee, both of which have been spoken highly of here. Which one do u think I should use?

I dont want my hair to thin out, Its not very thick as it is. It comes out a lot when its wet, and if I handle it too much dry, Im getting some loss that way too. My hair feels a little dry but not too bad *************Sigh********************

Too much protein will dry out your hair if used too often. Have you tried Nexxus Vitatress Biotin shampoo ? It is really good. It makes your hair so strong and can reduce breakage too.

no, but I really like the Therappe, so Ill have to try that one too. My hair is really Pi$$ing me off...lol:) It never fails when it starts to grow something happens, Ive been soo good too by taking good care of it and not using heat...but my stylist left my relaxer on for eternity last touch up and now its shedding/breaking. Or maybe Im paranoid and its just going through a shedding phase.

Whatever it is, I hope it stops soon. I did use the Design Essentials 6 in 1 with success about a year ago to strengthen my hair, I used it weekly for a while(then biweekly) and it didnt dry my hair out. I was wearing it up in a phonytail though. Maybe I just need to go buy one and put it up for a while to stay out of it and hopefully "this too shall pass"!

I really think my hair NEEDS protein though because it has seemed really weak lately and snaps easily....:(

Since you just did a protein 1.5 weeks ago, wait another week before doing it again. Did you do a deep moisturizing conditioner afterwards? I have not use design essentials nor joico, but I LOVE nexxus emergencee. In the maintime, I suggest infusing your hair with deep moistuirizing conditioners -- I love humectress and my new favorite is kenra intensive emoilient. Also, I suggest doing condition washes until you're ready for the next protein treatment. I guess what I'm saying is moisturize you hair as much as possible in between the protein treatments, which should be at least 2 weeks or more apart. I hope this makes sense!

Well, you don't want to overdo the protein. Perhaps you could try a twice weekly or weekly protein treatment. Joico K-pak is actually not a heavy duty protein, so go ahead and give it a try.

thanks ladies, that makes sensse, and even my stylist told me (prior to this incident! heifer....lol) that I should alternate every other week between the 6 in 1 and a moisturizing conditioner. I have some Nexxus humectress and I think tonight I will do a co wash with that and airdry. Saturday will make 2 weeks so then Ill do a pretreatment, shampoo, do the 6 in 1, and then follow with humectress.

Depending on how it acts after that, I may just go back to a ponytail for a while, so that way I could leave my hair up for a week at a time and stay out of it. then its not coming out from me manipulating it while it has a chance to get some strength back. Im also going to get on a vitamin regimen and start eating healthier(my diet sucks) and see if that in itself helps.

thanks for the advice!

Back