Its time for me to restock: what should I buy???

taylokc

I wanted some suggestions for deep conditioners, shampoos, and anything else y'all have tried.

I have SL hair (I think)
4a/4b relaxed

Problems Im trying to combat:
1. Split ends, split ends
2. dryness and brittleness
3. excessive shedding in the warmer months

What I was thinking about trying:
1. Some of Sweet Cashews Products (just don't know which ones)
2. Garnier Frutis Length and Strength Leave-In (just can't find it)
3. Will definitely be re-ordering BT

I recently tried Warren Tricomi's "Close." It's the middle step 2 a 3 part system but can be used between any shampoo and conditioner. It closes the cuticles and has made my hair soft and shiny. I think that would be a good product to combat split ends.

I'm still learning but I suggest you try Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo. I used it for shedding and it really works. You may want to add a moisturizing shampoo (I love Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo in the green and white bottle) as well because the Garlic shampoo was a little drying. I hope this helps.

I wanted some suggestions for deep conditioners, shampoos, and anything else y'all have tried.

I have SL hair (I think)
4a/4b relaxed

Problems Im trying to combat:
1. Split ends, split ends
2. dryness and brittleness
3. excessive shedding in the warmer months

What I was thinking about trying:
1. Some of Sweet Cashews Products (just don't know which ones)
2. Garnier Frutis Length and Strength Leave-In (just can't find it)
3. Will definitely be re-ordering BT

problems with your ends - get them cut/trimmed and use Elasta QP mango butter
dryness and brittleness - Aveda Damage Remedy
Shedding - Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment (I love this stuff)

Where can I find the Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment??? and will I smell like garlic??

no, it has a really nice smell and it's very moisturizing. I order it from SickBay.biz or if you live near a Dominican Salon, some of them carry it.

i love creme of nature shampoo (red lable)
deep conditioner: keracare humecto and/or miss key 10 in 1
protein: joico k pac reconstruct conditioner
co wash: HE HH and LTR
leave in: salerm 21 b5, redken butter treat

moisturizer: keracare creme hairdress
oil: keracare essential oils and JBCO

Where can I find the Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment??? and will I smell like garlic??
This really helped my shedding. I believe it says to use after shampooing but sometimes I used it as a prepoo.

I also just put it on my roots/scalp and use my usual, better smelling con for a DC since I don't really like the garlic scent. There's no smell once it's rinsed out.

Kenra MC and (from shescentit) Fortifying Hair Mask :love: Gillian Butter, Pre poo oil, avocado oil and Green Grape Leave In. Qhemet Biologics moisturizers are great too, especially the Olive & Honey Balm. Fantastic stuff!

That shescentit hair mask is :lick:

Last edited:
moisture: aPhogee Balance Moisturizer
leave-in: dluted aPhogee Balance Moisturizer
The more you use it the better it makes your hair:yep:

Back