It's Sunday! What are you doing to your hair this weekend?

thefineprint

Well, its Sunday which means I have a date with my hair. I'm going to have a cup of tea, wash, deep condition and retwist my kinks while watching some Star Trek Voyager!:lol: What are you doing to your hair this weekend?

well I am not going to be able to wash tonight like i usually do, so Monday, i will add loads of conditioner to dry hair+EVOO, dc for 30 minutes, rinse, add leave-in and airdry as normal!:D

I am actually wearing my hair out today (I rarely wear my hair down outside of the house)! Yesterday i treated myself to a packet of Henna 'n' Placenta Conditioner. I feel really good and confident today and can't wait for my next relaxer and annual trim in January!

I washed and dc'd on tuesday but I plan on doing it again tonight. I think I will try to dc 2x a week now instead of one and see if I notice any significant difference in my hair.

Well, right now I'm pre-pooing with Lekair Cholesterol + Shea Butter and vatika Coconut Oil. I'll then shampoo and dc my hair with ORS Mayo. Detangle and leave to airdry in a pony.

I LOVE Sundays!

jayjay

I already had my tea at 4am:lol: . I am going to wash, condition and try out a new mix of humectress, glycerin & curl restorer b4 heading to church.:look:

Switching from lye (Vitale) to no-lye (ORS or Fabulaxer - if they still sell it) relaxer and dusting the ends. May rollerset but not sure.

Last night I washed and dc then I did a rollerset, sat under the dryer for 45 minutes. This morning I took the rollers out took pics then added them to my fotki. ;)

i am going to poo then clarify with ACV then do a deep condish with wheat grass sarlem under the bonnet for 20 mins, after that i am going to ATTEMPT to put my hair in box braids, about 50 of them while watching TV. - keep this up untill i wash and rollerset to flat iron for christmas :)

Well last night I washed, and then sectioned and used mane and tail conditioner to lock in the moisture.

Woke up this morning and had way too much buildup... so I washed my hair.

The build up was still there.

Washed it again.

Build u was still there.

And washed it again.

By that time my hair was so parched. I had to comb out whatever was left and then only use jojoba oil for my scalp and my hair.

Kind of pissed.

Wasted a good 4 hours on my hair today.

Anyway, later on, I'm going to pull it back into one, and then tie it down. TOnorrow I'll use the material I bought to wrap it.

EMJazzy said:
Last night I washed and dc then I did a rollerset, sat under the dryer for 45 minutes. This morning I took the rollers out took pics then added them to my fotki. ;)

Wow your hair is doing really good after what its been through. Congrats on the problem area coming back. I know that had to be a struggle. Keep up the good work. :)

EMJazzy said:

Ma I looked your fotki...I am lovin your progress. I wish I had this board when I had my fusion disaster..but you are inspiration for us all

firecracker said:
Wow your hair is doing really good after what its been through. Congrats on the problem area coming back. I know that had to be a struggle. Keep up the good work. :)

If it wasn't for ladies like yourself here at LHCF my problem spot would definitely have gotten worse so THANK YOU for the tips tricks, they definitely worked for me. :D

JustMeSteph said:
Ma I looked your fotki...I am lovin your progress. I wish I had this board when I had my fusion disaster..but you are inspiration for us all

Thank you very much!! I really appreciate the kind words!! :D

rinygirl6 said:
I'm trying to do a sew-in weave for the first time. Actually, I started yesterday but...OMG it's taking so looong.

probably because your on LHCF instead of working on your hair!:lol:

I forgot to tell about my hair....I washed it then I was gonna do the ponytail rollerset....couldn't get the stupid pins to stay in tightly..then I decide to do a two strand twist (had done one for my babys' hair that was too cute!). Sat under dryer for about 30 and let airdry overnight...sooo not cute today!...lol. I will probably rewash and do a wrap I am trying to stretch for another week.

I just clarified and did a mini BC on the back of my head. I'm Deep conditioning right now and about to put on the tea while I watch the games.

Since I did all this after midnight, technically, it was Sunday --

rinsed out pre-poo conditioner
slathered on V05 Kiwi & Lime conditioner followed by Keracare 1st lather to clarify - it needed it.:ohwell:

poo'd with Breakthru/Jason mix

did Duo Tex/Aphogee 2 Minute mixture for 10 minutes

rinsed

followed up with much needed deep conditioning concoction

rinsed

sprayed detangling mix

followed by some Ojon Restorative Treatment

braid into two pigtails

slapped on scarf

*had my tea afterwards*
*I see tea is becoming a part of the hair care ritual :lol:*

thefineprint said:
probably because your on LHCF instead of working on your hair!:lol:

:look:....true
But Dag you didn't have to call me out like that!:lol:

Oh I just finshed my weave yall! I'm actually surprised it turned out so well. I think I post some pics.

Back